Costambar, Cofresi

Henry03

Nov 11, 2002
Cofresi

Five years in Cofresi
I have been following DR1 for years, but don't often reply or post
Cofresi was a great place to live, and I hope after all the construction is completed that it will be once again.

Henry

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Henry, are you the same henry I knew back when I used to live in costambar and worked near clinica bournigal?
Glad to see you are still in DR and hopefully enjoying the warm weather, while many freeze up in the north.

Annika

Jan 14, 2003
Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but how are things in Costambar now? I used to live there for a little while in 1994. But in all my trips back to the DR since then, I haven't gone back to visit Costambar. Has it changed a lot? Gotten bigger?

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
I've been in Costambar 9 years. It has it's ups and downs (like Semana Santa and Sundays) but still better than living in the town (did that for 6 years and doubt I'd move back). Costambar has improved in some ways, like the roads inside ......but got worse in others..like the electricity and the exterior road.

Annika

Jan 14, 2003
I think on my next trip I might want to stay in Costambar (I'm really getting sick of the AI's). Are there any new, decent hotels? restaurants and bar hangouts? When I search the web I never seem to find much about Costambar. I might be bringing someone with me who has recently been travelling throughout the Caribbean checking out places to live (not a newcomer to island life), and I'm wondering if Costambar would still be a worthwhile place to stay for him to experience.

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
Henry
Is the park finished yet? I was there last year in march and it was a bit of a mess. To think it would be open might be asking for to much LOL! but I love being in Cofresi.
Do you know Chris and Mady ?
Maybe we could have a drink when my girlfriend and I get there.
Judy

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
This is also an invite to anyone else that would like to meet. we'll be in Cofrese feb.27th. afternoon. We are there for two weeks. After all the trips down there and always meeting so many folks that are traveling it would be nice to meet more of the ones that are living there. So let me know.
Judy

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
there are some changes

Well Im new relatively to Costambar, the ppl I have met are really nice and some still have plans to fix Costambar.
This next weekend there is going to be a Golf Tournament to raise funds to fix the entrance to Costambar.
G.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
George, at what course is the tourn. going to be played? 3 weeks ago, Los Mangos was a mess. Also, what day? May be able to make it.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
OK George - let me know too!! I like to play (although not normally at Los Mangos - I play at Playa Dorada) & anything to help improve the entrance to Costambar has GOT to be a worthwhile cause!! Send me the details asap please. You might even persuade HB to get up!!- Grahame.

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Golf tourney

Sorry to reply so late, the tournament was a hit, 120 persons attended to the BBQ dinner, 49 tee off, lots of dance and brugal.
Next event will be anounced in advance and we might do one weekly.
The course is tarting to do better, Hacienda now being a Marriot Ramada is providing me the tools to fix the course and of course the Club House which is now falling apart, expect some good changes in the weeks to come.
Promised.
:bunny:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
George,
E-mail or PM me with your Tel. No. so that when I come across to Costamber we can organise a get together. I have an idea or two that might help get more business on to the golf course!! Glad you had a good meet this last time & I hope to make the next one! - Grahame.