Internet connection, places to stay around Santiago

Marissa

Feb 20, 2003
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forums. I am thinking about taking a trip to the DR in a week or so, if I'm lucky and can get away. I have two questions, I need to find a place to stay that has basically 24 hour internet access in my room, hopefully by cable. This may be an impossible request I thought if someone knew of a condominium with a nice view, decent acommodation, internet connection, they could let me know. I own a small internet company and will need to log for a few hours every day. Also, when I travel I use AOL as my internet connection, but they charge a per minute fee for outside the US connections. Since I am (unfortunately) going to have work quite a bit, it could get expensive. Does anyone know of a US ISP I can use there?

I read in the forum somewhere that Hotel Camp David has a fabulous view, (probably doesn't have cable internet service), but in a pinch a reliable telephone in the room would work. Does anyone have any photos of this hotel? I've never traveled to Santiago, so I know very little about it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Marissa

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You will be happy to know that the Hotel Gran Almirante (809 580 1992) has internet service in the Superior and 5th Floor rooms.

If you need internet access all the time you are not going to have nuch of a vacation....

There are inexpensive internet cafes all over the place in Santiago.

Camp Davis does have a glorious view, but not very good internet service....It is my favorite...

Depending onwhat you want to do in Santiago, the Aloja Sol might be an option, since it is in the middle of town...

HB, a sus ordenes....

Marissa

Feb 20, 2003
Cigars and Rum

Thank you so much for your reply Hillbilly. I will try and call Camp Davis (although my language skills may render me incomprehensible) and the other hotels you suggested. For some reason I am fixated on Camp Davis, I like to be off the beaten track a little. Perhaps internet cafes could work for me if I schedule things properly.

On to more interesting things, namely alcohol and tobacco. My business partner may come along for a couple of days and is very much a cigar fanatic and wants to learn more about high quality rums. Does anyone know of any tours or places to go around the Santiago area that might cater to this?

Thanks again
Marissa