What are some of the Best Hospitals In DR?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
My friend will be traveling around the DR with her 5 year old child and was wanted to know which are the best hospitals to take her child if God forbid she got sick or something?
especially in the Santo domingo area?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Take a look here: http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18793

Plus if you use the search function
top_search.gif
99% of your questions will be answered ;)

GHABG

Oct 8, 2002
SD hospitals

In Santo Domingo, none of the hospitals are on a caliber with Johns-Hopkins but some are quite good. I suggest you take Robert up on his advise for a thorough list. Briefly, let me recommend a few that I have personal knowledge as being proficient. Plaza de la Salud is a large teaching hospital that is associated with all the medical schools here. It is well managed, modern and very organised by local standards. They can handle anything. Clinica Abreau in Gazque is a smaller private hospital that is excellent. Another teaching hospital that looks kinda shabby but has excellent staff is UCE hospital on Calle Maximo Gomez. It is affiliated with La Universidad Central de Este. There are several others and if you'll post where you'll be staying, I'll let you know of a good hospital located nearby. BTW, if a true emergency happens, I do not suggest you wait for an ambulance. They take forever because traffic does not give them right-of-way. For what it's worth, I am a medical student and have seen the workings of several hospitals. Good day, AM