Boat to the Yucatan?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'm going to say no. To Panama, New Orleans, Veracruz but not the Yucatan.
You can fly to Guatemala and then to Yucatan..

HB

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Also, Mexicana / Aerocaribe have direct flights Las Americas - Cancun every Monday, departing 04:50 PM, and Copa Airlines fly via Panama.

hydeac

Feb 5, 2003
thanks

Thank you for the information. That's amazing that you can fly there but not take a boat. When I check from the US to fly to cancun from DR it's about 400 US. Has anyone heard of cheaper?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Uhhhh, Hydeac, this is a Dominican BB??? Please don';t expect us to know much about Mexico??

HB

hydeac

Feb 5, 2003
Hillbilly

Wow your name is so accurate. Bitter? Jaded? Short-sighted? Get out a bit hillbilly.

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
hydeac

For someone so new to the board , where on earth did you get the idea that you could talk to someone like you just did?????????
You must be some redn--k assh--e that hasen't done any reading of the posts on this board, or you would see that Hillbelly has a lot of good info. to pass on to anyone that has any Question dealing with the D.R.
I am also new here , but you take the cake!!!
JUDY

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Re: Hillbilly

"Look before you leap"!!!!

hydeac said:
Wow your name is so accurate. Bitter? Jaded? Short-sighted? Get out a bit hillbilly.

Hydeac, don't bite the hand that feeds you, Hillbilly is very well intentioned and informed, he was the first poster to respond to you. It is usually his habit with many inquiries.

Now, to get back with your question, what kind of boat were you thinking to take to Mexico from the D.R? A possible option would be to book passage on a cargo ship. A drawback I believe there is no direct passage to the Port of Progreso in the Yucatan from Dominican ports, you would have to make passage to an intermediate port, for example; Kingston, Jamaica and most likely change ships. The cost of passage is in the area of US$ 75 to $125 a day. Regards, PJT

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Hello, hydeac, this is what you could do, just get onto one of the many cargo ships that sail from DR and hide in the cargo area (but may sure they don't spray any chemical you will be in a lot of trouble) lol,lol. By the way read all the boards and you will see that hillbilly being helping lots of people.
Tony Cabrera

hydeac

Feb 5, 2003
You guys! I was just giving him a healthy dose of his own medicine in a friendly way. JEEZZ! Thanks for all the great advice. I'm never unappreciative.