Some heat in Toronto

Sunshyne

Nov 27, 2002
I went to see Yoskar Sarante in Toronto and had a great time despite it not being a "full house." Mala Fe promises to be an even bigger event. I had a Dominican friend visiting from Montreal and as it turns out, he knew practically everyone at the concert! So, now I feel like I have an adoptive Dominican family in Toronto and while it is not the same as being there, I did get some good eats and good beats (music). It was a great distraction and kept me from moping (man troubles but that's a whole other post).

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Glad you had a great time Sunshyne! It was nice meeting you and your friend!

The Yoskar concert was amazing despite the poor turn out. Can that guy ever sing! It was a nice surprise to have Carlos Cruz sing with him as well. We were even lucky enough to get our picture taken with Yoskar! The Estofa Band came on last (a little strange for an opening act, but whatever) and gave another fantastic performance, and the other opening group D'Talle were, well, quite horrible.

Looking forward to the Mala Fe concert! Should be interesting!

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Rosanie said:
When is the Mala Fe concert in Toronto?

Hi Rosanie,

It's this Friday night (Feb 28) at the Hollywood Princess in the Jane/Hwy 7 area. There is a post in this section about it.

Let me know if you'd like more info!

Debs