I hate the lies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
One thing that bothers me about the DR is that one person after another tries to tell you some mind twisting lie to get over on you....and not just women but the men too.Examples:

1)After I had a 500 peso romp in the sack with a girl last time,she hid this hand written note in with my things.It was some kind of prayer written in Spanish.I went to find her and ask what the hell it was and she told me "Oh my mother is sick and she wrote that prayer to pray that God will send us money for the medical bill".So I said "why did you put it in with my shit"? and she replied"I dont know how it got there".So I just walked away.If she had just come to me and asked me..I would have helped her out(after making sure mama was really sick).

2)One guy asks me when I am going back to neuva york.I tell him a week from tomorrow.He comes back to me the day before I am to leave and asks again.."when are you leaving"?I tell him again .."tomorrow" and he says "oh forget it".I say "forget what"?Then he says.."I was going to ask you to borrow 300 pesos but since you are leaving tomorrow forget it"..and I said.."yep,thats right,forget it"

3) Another girl (a bartender) is chatting away with me all happy and then the next minute she is prtetending to be crying.I say.."whats wrong" and she replies.."my little baby is sick and I need money"I say where is the baby and she says"with my mother"..I say lets go visit her and then she made up some stupid lie as to why we couldnt visit her.I got pissed and asked for my cunta.It was 30 pesos.I gave her 100 pesos bill and she said."Oh I dont have change" so I said"go get it".So she did go and get it and she got no tip from me.******* sneaky bitch.

I have about 100 other stories like this and I hear a million other guys saying how Dominican women try to bleed them for expensive drinks and show up with their friends so you will buy them drinks and so on and so forth.These girls dont look poor to me.They dont look hungry.Some of them are downright FAT so I dont want to hear that it is because they are poor tht they have to resort to this.They spend every peso they get on fancy clothes and shit they dont need.Crisco posted in another thread that he was out eating(not eating out) with a girl and when the bill came they was 300 pesos on it for a dish she had ordered to go without telling him.An American women would NEVER do something like that.She was just a sneaky bitch.I think a lot of Dominicans are taught to "con" people from a very young age.Its annoying.

Larry

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Larry

Many of us post all the time about this. All you have to do is read Criss Colon's posts to pick up a Master's Degree in Dominican Living. Read AZB for Santiago.

Look, the thing that I hate the most is men asking me for or borrowing money. I have no shame in telling everyone who asks to take a hike. I don't feel sorry for anybody in DR. You could have a heart attack in my face and I will just walk away. That's how bad it is.

As for women....any woman who wants my money needs to offer a service before she gets a dime. Be it a blow job or whatever I want. My money has a price. She wants $50 bucks, suck my weenie!!! You want a pair of jeans, suck my weenie for a week.
It's that simple. I don't care if your baby is vomiting blood, or your mother just got ran over by a voladora and is in intensive care. I don't even want to see it....I just don't care. You want money, pay with your body or something I want.

If you start from that premise, you will never have a problem in DR.

TW

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yes, alot of dominians are like this but mainly the low life scums. the putas that many foreigners end up with. There are some of the same kind here in santiago but in a very smaller scale. Thats why i tell people to seek people of similar class as you are or you will get ripped off and lied to repeatedly. These people give decent dominicans a bad name. Why do you think the better class dominicans never frequent the places of the lowlife scums? Ex: a santiago dominicana will never speak to a resort sankie. Sankies also know better not to converse with the better class dominicans. In a way I am glad the system is like this; everyone knows where they belong in society.
I went to lunch with a very sweet girl who drives a 2002 foreign brand car and dresses up very professionally. She is presentable and has a good job. You think she would have any need to lie to me to get money out of me? I think not.
Its all about class, so make sure you mix with the same class of people or you will be disappointed.
I used to feel the same way as larry and became frustrated at times when people tried to rip me off and told me lies to make me feel compassion for them. Now I keep my distance from the street scums and try not to befriend with the lowlives. I just give them the mean look or a smart ass answer if they try to open up conversation with me.
larry you need to look for love in santiago. Don't worry, I am not mad at you anymore. I liked you as a person. You are cool.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
LOL golo,
women have it so easy; all they have to do is suck the weenie and the world opens up to them.
So why women complain so much?

Apr 26, 2002
I Love? DR,

I know what you mean. Every time I go into a sleazy cabaret for gringos, the women ask me for money too. It's so annoying. Don't they have anything else to do. Some of the pimps and money changers on the street also don't seem to have my best interests in mind. Shocking, I know. I too believe that this is a uniquely Dominican situation.

And those poor people, jeez, so annoying. Get this, they try all kinds of ways to get me to give them money. Why, I don't know. I wish they would just lay in the street with a cup begging for money rather than interracting with me.

I'm going back to New York where nobody talks to nobody and beggers know their places. It's much nicer.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Many of us post all the time about this. All you have to do is read Criss Colon's posts to pick up a Master's Degree in Dominican Living. Read AZB for Santiago. -Golo

I know Golo and I have read those posts.I just wanted to relay a few experiences.I left out a few good stories because the post was getting to long.

AZB - e-mail me when you get around to it.

Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
I Love? DR,

I know what you mean. Every time I go into a sleazy cabaret for gringos, the women ask me for money too. It's so annoying. Don't they have anything else to do. Some of the pimps and money changers on the street also don't seem to have my best interests in mind. Shocking, I know. I too believe that this is a uniquely Dominican situation.

And those poor people, jeez, so annoying. Get this, they try all kinds of ways to get me to give them money. Why, I don't know. I wish they would just lay in the street with a cup begging for money rather than interracting with me.

I'm going back to New York where nobody talks to nobody and beggers know their places. It's much nicer.

Porfio..I do LOVE the DR.I think this is the first negative thing about the country I have posted on here after a year of posting.Those POOR girls your are referring to are not so poor.I would never let another human being go hungry right in front of my eyes but some of these girls are downright fat and they have more expensive clothes on than I do!If I met a girl in the DR who was NOT A SNEAK and I really liked her I would treat her like GOLD .I would have no problem buying the cellphone for her and taking her out to the nicest restaurants.I wouldnt care if the meal cost 2000 pesos(I cant affored to eat where MomC does though).I just hate people trying to jerk me off.(except for Sylvia who owns the massage parlor in sosua)

Larry

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I would help anyone, anywhere, anytime ( when and if I can ) But don't you dare lie to me! I don't get over that.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
There is something terribly wrong in the universe!
I find myself agreeing with AZB!

Everybody has a story of somebody down there giving them a "sob story" or asking for a favor. I have dozens of them.

This is my favorite.
When I lived down there I had a guy I knew ask me for a favor that only a Dominican can ask. Now I didn't like this guy. In fact I had found out he was talking bad about me to other people because I had conquered a lady he was interested in. but never stopped a Domincan like him. Anyway. He comes up and asks me if i was going to Miami any time soon. Like a fool I said""yes"! Well he then asks me if I would bring back a package for him. His cousin had some "stuff" for him. I was young and stupid so I said ok.
When I was in Miami I called his cousin so he could drop off the package. The jerk wouldn't even come over. He wanted me to come pick it up. Anyway I figured "What the Hell". Of course I was thinking that if the package looked even remotely suspicious I would just dump it in the garbage.
Well When i arrived what was the package? A 32" color TV. This Jerk wanted me to bring him a big TV set! So I was suppose to give up one of my bags on the plane and go through all the customs hassles so he could watch TV.
to make a long story short.......When I got back to SD I told him that his TV was waiting for him at customs. All he had to do was go to the airport and pay the duty. Boy was he pissed! He was even more pissed when they told him they couldn't find his TV at customs.
Oh BTW the Kids at the Sunrise School for the Mentally challenged really enjoyed that 32" TV!

Tony C.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Maybe it's the type of people you hang out with Larry. I'm sure if you spent time with non-Dominican prostitutes and the like in NYC, you'd encounter the same problem.

BTW, if you have such bad experiences while in the DR, why go back?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
debs said:
Maybe it's the type of people you hang out with Larry. I'm sure if you spent time with non-Dominican prostitutes and the like in NYC, you'd encounter the same problem.

BTW, if you have such bad experiences while in the DR, why go back?

I am not just talking about prostitutes debs..I would expect that from a prostitute.

I keep going back because I love the country.I dont consider these to be "bad experiences" just annoying ones.I spot con people,thieves and the like a mile away.They just **** me off when they try to make me their target.Its annoying when someone is lying to your face and smiling at the same time.

Larry

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Borrowing" money is a Dominican "Tradition"!!!!!

Don't feel bad,Dominicans also "Borrow" from each other all the time!!! Family members from family members,neighbors from neighbors,co-workers from eachother.The list of "potential" loaners is as long as your imagination and "Hutzpah"will take you!..You need a good "story" to be an effective borrower! ."Dame Pasaje",is a very poor story,but then they only get 10 or 20 pesos.They make up for the small amount of money,by "borrowing" from 10 or more people every day!...."Mi Madre esta interna",is time worn to "US",but not to the "Newbies" visiting the DR for the first few times,and really effective if you just finished having sex with a beautiful 18 year old who is 30 years younger than you!!! How many girls did I spend the night with who in the morning told me that they wanted to live by themselves,and needed;a bed,a stove,a refrigerator,and 1 month's rent,and 3 month's security deposite!!!"Cell phone bills,"You want to call me when you get home,right?""Tuition" for;English school,computer school,secretary school,"You don't want me to work in the "Casa de Cita"(Whore House) anymore do you?" "I need a passport,so I can get a visa to come visit you!"...The list is long and time worn! Why Larry is so pissed is because they are still trying to use this "Bullshit" on those of us who loooooong ago stopped falling for it!!! It does **** me off too.
Back to my point,It is "OK" to "Borrow" in the Dominican Culture.Then you have to "track down" the person who owes you the money!!!! Don't get pissed,get over!!! You must have a "BETTER STORY" than the person who wants to borrow the money! They have to pay a phone bill,you have to pay the rent! Their mother is in the Hospital,someone in your family has just died and you have to send money for the funeral! They need tuition,you were robbed at the cash machine on Independencia! Dominicans don't get mad when you say no,at least not for long.They may put on a "Show",but that is just another Dominican Tradition!
Relax Larry,just remember where you are,and how many beautiful young girls are ready,willing,and really really able,to EARN that 300 pesos that they want in a mutually bebeficial way!!!!!!!!CCRISSCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Mar 21, 2002
Larry I got the solution for you. Do you even remotely look dominican? If you don't can you fake a "capitaleno, surrreno(their way in the surrr), or cibaeno" accent? If you can meet either of these two qualifications then instead of getting all upset become one of them. I do it all the time. You become another one of the masses. It's fun and true stress free living in the DR.

If I am in another part of the DR just dress like the local yokels. None of those fancy frills that Golo and co. wear. Be clean but simple. Talk in the naitve dialect. In my case, I am a cibaeno and of course I speak with the "i" where an "r" goes plus other local colloquialisms intrinsic to cibaenos. My people laugh me off as a simpleton from el campo. I remember once I looked in amazement at a radio and when I opened my mouth to ask about it the person noticed my cibaeno talk and offered to explain what it was. Also, another time I was lost in the capital and asked some corner domino-playin foul-mouthed brugal-guzzlin dudes I happen to come upon how to get to a certain place. They once again noticed my cibaeno campesino style in dress and speech, asked how things are in el campo and directed me to my destination.

You see Larry you don't need to go thru this hassle. Don't listen to Golo or these other "comparones" cause you will only make alot of enemies in the DR. You will only limit yourself to their priviledged areas which are very small and centered in certain areas. There aren't many places in the DR for the wealthy to frequent. Anyways you have to go thru mostly poor areas to get anywhere, so why make waves and enmity.

Get on their level. Let's see I saw your picture I think. So you can be a "serrano" from San Jose de la Matas from a small town called Aguacate. Nobody in the bigger city will doubt the veracity of your city cuz there are only about 200 people there plus there are many little enclaves in "el cibao y la sierra" called Aguacate. Your last name is Segarra. Thus you are Larry Segarra from Aguacate. You are a very small coffee grower who comes down to the capital to sell his "quintal o dos de cafe" If they ask about why your name is Larry tell em that your Mom was obsessed with a story she read about a gringo called Larry. Also remember to always say how bad things are even if they are good. Nobody in the DR even the Pres. Mejia will evr say anything other than " me eta llevando quein me trajo" Remember that phrase and repeat it often. Others will try to up you on how bad they are and worse off than you. This will ensure that you get women that want YOU for YOU.

Unlike others on this board who have to pay for such things and then these women are telling us campesinos how smelly, fat, pimpled and totally grotesque they were while they spend their money with us.

Remember the DR is 9/10's poor while 1/10 wealthy. Side with numbers so you won't be an eyesore like so many others that need entourages, armored cars, bodyguards and weaponry rivalling Gulf war soldiers. You won't have to be on the lookout for kidnappings, "atracos". You won't be on everyone's list for loans. You won't need to make up an excuse like Golo 50 times a day.

FREE YOURSELF.

When in Rome do as the Romans.

Larry don't fall into Criss' trap. While he and others (Jazzcom, Golo , Tony C) are pumping these girls they are thinking in their little head- "Cuando este maldito gordo con ese bajo del diablo va a acabar para yo irme con su cuartos"

In other words -when is this smelly, filthy greaseball gonna end so I can leave with his money.

Last edited:

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
AZB said:
LOL golo,
women have it so easy; all they have to do is suck the weenie and the world opens up to them.
So why women complain so much?

Because they either have not figured out how the game works or refuse to play.....Men are easy! (and I mean that in an endearing way).

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
Onions&Carrots...

Fun stuff, boss.

-Jose?to
A new breed of pariguayo

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Criss' approach is best. When ever a girl wants to see me to discuss her immediate problem, I already know it has to do with money coming out of my pocket to solve her problem. Its never about "giving me an advice or emotional support". It always has to do with money. So before they even open up their mouths, I tell them a sobbing story of mine. I tell them how the business is bad that I don't even have the rent money. Or my dad is sick in atlanta and I don't have the money to see him and deperately trying hard to borrow money from someone else to buy me the required ticket to get there. Mind you my dad really is sick but thats has been going on for years as there is no cure for his condition. I would tell them how the electric bill came to be 2 k and the phone bill set me back another 3 k (calls to USA). When I am done with my desperate tales, they almost don't want to tell me about their problems.
So remember, when a girl wants to talk about a problem, I bet its always about needing money to to solve her immediate problem. If she is borrowing money, she will never pay it back to you.
Be prepared and just try to be a step ahead of them.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I can understand the Frustration of the Lower Class...

Dominican men when they see their sisters,cousins and girlfriends walking hand-in-hand on the "Conde" with fat,old,bald foreign men! The middle class and Rich Dominican men could care less! They are "screwing" the same girls as the "Old Boys",and their sisters would never go out with a "Fat,old Gringo" anyway!!!So lighten up "Low-Class Dominican Males",these men are only "Renting" your women,you can have them back when we are tired of them!!!
"Lighten up on the "Personal" (That means using proper names!!!"Duh!")insults, or we might have to "Edit" them out.

Personally,I could give a healthy shit what the girls are thinking while I am "renting" her! As long as they don't say it outloud,that WOULD spoil my fantasy!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc:lick: :lick: :laugh: :laugh: :p :smoke:

Last edited:

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
You know what I hate about the DR?

All of the F*$%%ing americans who come here and complain that "it isn't that way in the U.S." or "an American woman would NEVER do that!" .

If that is what you really want, then get on the next plane out, and GO THERE. Here, you are in the DR. Apreciate the women, and the people for what they are, and for what they AREN'T!

If you really would prefer to have fun in the DR instead of getting all wound up about petty shit, then go to the supermarket and screw with them. Tip the bag boys RD$50 every time you come in. They will FIGHT to take care of you. Hell, they will come home and unpack it for you and put it away too. Meanwhile the dominicano serios who tip these guys a measly RD$5 will be fuming , because they have to pack their own stuff every time you come in, because the bagboys are busy with YOUR groceries.

AND the serios will think that YOU are the stupid one. hehehe

Forget the RD$300 you spent on the chica in the restaurant, and think that just maybe, maybe you fed her kids something decent for one night, and the kid will remember that great stuff when he grows up, so he can DO THE SAME SCAM TO YOUR KID TOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.