presence in the DR

karmatico

Feb 25, 2003
Ok, as I'm new to this, I'd like to know which ones of you are living in the DR... and those who are not...when are you planning to be back?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Criss colon, golo, jan, PIB robert, delores, ownrules etc live in santo domingo. jim hinch lives in boca chica, mommC lives in juan dolio.
Myself (azb), hillbilly live in santiago.
Bushbaby lives in puerto plata. Eddy lives in sosua, Johnny honda in cabarete.
There are many expats who live in USA and visit DR on monthly basis. Ex: kenoshacriss is always seen in sosua along with jazzcom.
There are many other people who live here that have not come up in my mind to list, so please feel free to post your where-abouts.
I hope this helps.

karmatico

Feb 25, 2003
AZB...thanks a lot!!! yeah it really helps a lot... I hope the others do the same...
Thanks again!

Nathan

Titanium
Feb 3, 2003
AZB: Forgot about Nathan coming to the DR on March 16th to stay for good. Will travel on ocasion back to the states to work with my clients when required. JETSET person here baby!

Welcome Karmatico!

karmatico

Feb 25, 2003
Thanks Nathan... one question...what is what you do? you know, about your clients, and where will you be living here?

Nathan

Titanium
Feb 3, 2003
I will be in Miches (mainly) and in SD doing business!

As for what I do for a living: Music business/Recording facility!

I score music to film, and record artists from all over. One client right now, just flew in from Jamaica to record at my recording studio!

You should have seen the dude tired from the flight...falling asleep! We played a joke on him: I started bangin on the piano and making these hideous noises! I turned around and asked him if he liked the arrangement...he would half asleep answer and say "yes matatan, it sounds bad ass!"

We were rolling on the floor laughing! Good times man at my facility! Here, the ones who stay awake..enjoy playing pranks on the artists that fall asleep! LOL!

Anyway....

I write/produce: Hip Hop, R&B, Pop, Rock, Reggae, Merengue...you name it! I don't like to do just one stile it's stale and boring!

On the side: I will be tending to my 1000 acres of land, farming it and keeping cattle thieves at bay! (which should be fun!)

Last edited:

karmatico

Feb 25, 2003
That sounds cool... I like music too...here I have a lot of musicians friends that actually play in rock/metal bands... I have another friend that is at a radio station program on sundays about metal too... maybe we should talk about business, who knows...do you speak some spanish?

Nathan

Titanium
Feb 3, 2003
Oh, yes! I am Dominican Blooded born in US!

Speak Spanish fluently amongst 7 other languages!

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
karmatico

At this point is when you start posting things about yourself..
you know what I mean?

karmatico

Feb 25, 2003
About me? sure! mmm like what? it be better if you ask....
As I said before, I live here in SD, love music ( it's my great passion ), love writing too... love nature, etc.
What else?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
karmatico said:
Ok, as I'm new to this, I'd like to know which ones of you are living in the DR... and those who are not...when are you planning to be back?
I used to live in SD. These days I return to the DR frequently -- in my mind. As to when I'll return physically, it now looks like July with the family, perhaps sooner on business for a client (hope so!) I'm looking forward to sharing some bien frias (ceniza!) with friends.
Regards,
Keith

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Chiri and family live in Santo Domingo but try to escape to cooler climes (Mediterranean) for some or most of the summer.

Dominicana_NJ

Feb 22, 2003
Hey I want to add my 2 cents to this too.....I'm new too this site also!! I've noticed that I'm younger than most of the crowd in here (I'm 22) so I do more reading than writing on here, only because I'm afraid of writing something stupid but, I'm learning alot from you guys and having fun while I'm at it!!. Anyway I live in New Jersey I plan on moving back to DR as soon as I'm done with college.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Nathan said:
Oh, yes! I am Dominican Blooded born in US!

Speak Spanish fluently amongst 7 other languages!

Nathan you speak 7 other languages ?Can you actually speak them or do you make the same nonsensical drivel you make on here in English?
Larry

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Dominican born, stationed in Virginia but in my mind always Dominican. Can't say I'm from one specific place, being that I lived in DR and the US........Nathan, what did you do as a SpecOps airman? PJ? CCT? TACP?

Nathan

Titanium
Feb 3, 2003
LOL! Fire away Larry! jejeje

Yes, I can speak them fluently.... Sharmutah!

Kayf huluk, Habibi?

Apa Kabar mas Larry?

Kumusta pare?

That was 3 for you there Larry! ma-a salama!

Last edited:

Nathan

Titanium
Feb 3, 2003
Chiri: Mediterranean? Where?

It's beautiful there! Been to Italia with my band...I have to go there again!

Gone to Greece? If you have...do tell please! That's on my destinations list!

Nathan

Titanium
Feb 3, 2003
Jon: Someone who asked a good question!

PJ man! (First there baby..."So that Others May Live!" Hoo ya!)

What's your MOS? Wait..Virginia! Hummm...Langley AFB, USAF?

Man, I haven't been called airman in about 12 years! LOL! Brings back memories!

Last edited: