american airlines

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
if they do go bankrupt...it would be to restructure so they will still be in business

the way I see it is that they are not making enough money and wanna go bankrupt, therefore; not having to pay all the money they owe and then start all over again

isn't America wonderful? lol

Last edited:

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Right.

Look at US Airways, United and other american companies, all that stuff with chapter 11 issues, protections and things makes their life so nice and interesting.

US Government will never allow to kill AA, it is the biggest airline of the world, flag carrier of USA, so. They will go to bankrupcy procedure, it will make their life easier, they will be able to reduce staff without tragedies with unions, taxes will be reviewed, state will give a lot of money. So I would say it is AMERICAN BUSINESS!

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
american business

yup...so true....so will we get " a special welcome back deal?" :laugh:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I hope so. It's all about making more money. They are not happy with what they are making now so they go bankrupt and start fresh.

U wanna know how bad AA is doing? They are increasing flights to SDQ,PUJ and POP to 20 flights all together a week and that does not include STI. and that is only from JFK.

They are also increasing flights to Haiti ands Cancun and this is also from JFK.

AA is increasing service to many places from different airports like Miami to Kingston and to Colombia and that is only to name a few.

That tells u how bad they are really doing. I feel so bad for AA.

:)

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
:(

And the late afternoon flight out of Santiago too :(

I don't have the exact figures, but I live in TWA's former hub of North America, St Louis, and just about all the former TWA employees who now work for AA and who haven't been laid off yet will be laid off this year. It's really putting the hurt on this town. First McDonnell-Douglas, now TWA.

Tough, tough business.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
jazzcom,

guess why they cancelled these flights to POP. think!

Because new airport in Santiago has flights to NYC now, and when it was opened all passengers who used POP to fly from Cibao now moved, as easy ad this.