Happy Independence Day !!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002

TO ALL THE CITIZENS OF MY NEXT HOME COUNTRY!!!

FELICIDADES, DOMINICANOS, EN EL DIA DE SU INDEPENDENCIA!!!

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Felicidades Mi Gente!

this song reminds me of el mayimbe

"Dominicano soy, de mi raices yo no voy a olvidarme, soy de una loma y la llevo en mi sangre." I thinks thats how it goes

or this one " Quisqueya la tierra de mis amores, de blanca espuma, de lindas flores..."

Congratulations!!!

Last edited:

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
Thanks MQ! I just got back from the park where they held a carnival parade. It was fun, if you don't count being hit by those darn ballons! One thing I can say though is that I preffer the carnival in small towns over the ones in larger cities. The traditions haven't been corrupted yet and you can actually take your kids without fear of having them seriously hurt. The home made costumes are awsome! I'll ty to post some pics as soon as I can so you can see what I mean.
:)
ps. sorry but pics got ruined by my daughter when she took camera to school. cam was also ruined.:angry:

Last edited:

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Let Freedom Ring!!!!!

Happy Independence DaY all viva Sanchez , Meja, Durate!!!
Felix en su dia de libertad.. Sammy..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
From which Country did the Dominican Rebublic gain independence

that is celebrated each February 27th???????? Most people don't know.This is a "Rhetorical Question"!(Most people don't know what that is either!)Cris

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Happy Independence Day

Let us remind ourselves that we celebrate our independence from the neighbors to the west, who just recently celebrated their 200th birthday and have yet to transform themselves into a real nation.

Those who went to the carnival parade missed the boat, just like thousands who went to the Malecon by mistake yesterday in full costumes. The carnival parade is this week and to see it in a protected area you have to pay $250. It is now capitalized.

I went to El Conde at the insistence of my girlfriend, to see the Crystal House reality show with that couple who have to endure 33 days together in a sealed structure. It was a mad house. There were more than a thousand people sorrounding the house trying to catch a glimpse of these two poor souls, who need $50,000 real bad. I would have spent 33 days in Najayo anytime over this experience. I hear people are there snooping 24 hours a day. Since I parked in the city lot, we had to walk around the block to get to the other side of El Conde to go have a drink across from the cathedral. El Conde was totally blocked by the onlookers.

Something I saw that was very obnoxious was the illegal gate built in the colonial street where the residence of Cardinal Lopez Rodriguez is. Whoever authorized this has no idea what it does to the colonial zone. This gate closes a street that has been there since colonial days and it was meant for people to drive thru and walk by. Besides, the gate was made of the cheapest materials and looks like a second rate apartment iron gate. This gate is not even fit for an Alma Rosa apartment building. No one has yet claimed property, not the Catholic church, City Hall or the Colonial Reservation office. It must be taken down!!

TW

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I went to La vega's canaval with my scary cat girlfriend. She was afraid to get hit by the lechones (costumed devils) so I had to assure her that I would protect her like a man of steel.
Boy o Boy, was I wrong, these devils hit really hard with the balloon type thing they carry. In protecting her honor, i got hit 3 times really hard on my butt. One hit actually caused 2 hemorrhoids to explode right inside my ass..... .
These guys hit hard and are merciless. So if you are the sissy type, stay away from la vega carnaval.
The girls were beautiful and the music was hot. People werepartying everywhere as if there was no work tomorrow.
Over-all, it was fun.

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
Criss,

To answer your "rhetorical question":

We gained independence from Bulgaria, you know, that huge country next to the island of Bolivia, on the sub-Saharan peninsula, north of the Rhine, and east-north-west of Capricorn One, just below Uranus.

-Jose?to
Petaka, ei decubridoi todavia no le ha hecho dil? a lo que yo ecrib?

Last edited:

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Can someone explain why today is d?a de los locos? Is it only because the manicomio is called el veintiocho, or is there some other reason?

Cris, perhaps you'll know...