Day trip info

peep

Jan 2, 2002
A friend of mine has a 36 hour layover in Santiago comming up next week. For years I have been trying to get him to accompany me and my friends when we visit the DR but to date have had no luck. All of my experience with the DR has been limited to the area between San Pedro and the capitol. Mostly Boca Chica. Any ideas on what a SWM with no Spanish language skills can do around Santiago in a day and a half and come away with a good impression of the country?? He will be traveling from Miami to N.Y. to Santiago that day an so will probably be beat when he arrives.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly is the board's expert on Santiago; he has lived there for many years. Find one of his many posts, click the email button underneath it, and send him your question via email.

I am sure you will have no trouble keeping your friend interested and occupied in Santiago for 1.5 days.

peep

Jan 2, 2002
Ken, Thanks for the suggestion. I have emailed Hillbilly. I wish I was comming along with my buddy. I would kill for a trip like that. By the way he will be at Hotel Gran Almirante. I checked their web site but would like to know "the rest of the story". Got a week to compile info.