La Grand Mansion, Santo Domingo

TJVR

Jan 25, 2003
Can anyone help with the address, phone/fax number, e-mail site (if available) and other info re a small hotel called La Grand Mansion, located on Calle La Danae in Santo Domingo. Are they still open ??? What are rates ???? How is service ??? cleanliness ??? etc. Thanks for any info.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
My wife and I stay there whenever we are in Santo Domingo. The price is RD$350 for one person and RD$400 for two. The phone numbers are 682-2033 and 689-8758. Danae is a very short street. You can't miss it. It is on a corner about mid-length. There are 9 rooms. Very basic, no AC, not TV, no phones in room. but beds comfortable and the keep place clean. It is an old house converted into a hotel. We stay because it is convenient, priced right, and a quiet neighborhood

TJVR

Jan 25, 2003
Ken: Do you think it would be OK for 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 11 & 14) ??????

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, as long as you understand that for RD$400/night/room you aren't getting tv, AC, etc. But for a bed and a bathroom, which is all we need, it is fine. Some rooms have one double bed, some 2 beds. As I recall, the 2 bed rooms have a single and a double, except I believe room 9 has 2 doubles. They may also have a cot they could put in a room.

TJVR

Jan 25, 2003
Sorry to bother you Ken, but one more question to be sure..... Calle La Danae is on the the south side of Ave. Bolivar, a couple blocks west of Parque Independencia, right ??????

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Map

La Danae intersects on the north side of Av.Independencia a little west of the Clinica Abreu and the park.

Use this following website, it will draw you a map. Just plug in the street (calle) name "La Danae" , some fictitious street number (numero), then click on [ver mapa], and you will have what you need.

Regards, PJT

http://www.iruta.net/mapa.asp