Santiago airport to confresi

bryan

Mar 9, 2002
Hello,

I am going to be staying in cofresi and there are some good airfares to santiago airport from nyc. I always fly into POP. How far is it to cofresi from santiago airport? How much further then pop airport?
Can anybody compare the two airports? Good rental car places?

Thanks,
Bryan

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Just about 1 hour Santiago - Cofresi (unless you try leaving in rush hour - then add at LEAST 15 minutes to that journey time. Puerto Plata - Cofresi is about 35 minutes. PoP airport is bigger than Santiago, but I believe Santiago is better run & quicker to get through/get your bags etc. Doubtless Hillbilly will advise shortly on car rental facilities at Santiago, probably not as good as PoP (there are about 15 companies at PoP & you should get a vehicle for about US $35 per day if you shop around!!) - Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I love Santiago but it is not for you

The new airport is all that Bush Baby says it is. Very comfortable. But it is 15 minutes from Santiago, and Santiago is at least an hour from Cofes?. Car rentals are scarce at the airport, although I heard they are going yto open soon.
This trip you are better off going to POP, which certainly is a very good place to land and has lots of car rental places available. And you are only 35 minutes from Cofres?..

Let me know if you need more service..

Like if the plane trip is so much better that you have to come to Santiago...I can help a bit..

HB

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I flew a months ago into Santiago and there is NO CAR RENTAL on the Airport property. Not only that but you couldnt even rent a car on Travelocity or any other sight nor by calling Hertz or National like I did.

I got out of customs quickly but get out of customs in POP just as quickly. It is also hard for me to navigate out of Santiago because the signage sucks and it always takes me longer to find correct route.

Good luck, maybe they will open a car rental agency at STI soon which will be a good thing.

Scott

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Landed in Santiago on Monday. Nice, new and clean, smaller than POP and a breeze to get out of. That being said, have to agree with everyone else, POP is much more convenient.