Best trip imaginable and long report

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Where to start. Just returned from the DR after a week there. Flew AA airlines from Detroit-MIA-SDQ, Feb 25-March 4. First two days at Boca Chica and visited the capital. Best exchange rate was about 23.5 that I found. Took photo of Peter and Fleming at La Playa Vista and Jazzcom(Escott), Rob, etc they say hi. Now this is what I am going to say though it's no one's damn business. My previous trips to the DR I spent much time at Boca Chica for the beach and nightlife, and Santo Domingo for sightseeing. I have had a dozen or so women there and last May I met a woman who was a normal girl from San Jose who was living with her aunt and uncle in Santo Domingo because of a job where I met her. I liked her and worked her around other women in my 1st trip and after a few times of going out with her, I got what I wanted from her. Her name is Yesenia and because of running out of condoms and the spur of the moment had relations with her twice. She had my email and kept in contact with me. About a month later said she was pregnant and I blew her off and told her to leave me alone. Feb 8 she sent me an email saying our baby was born, Feb 6, and if I ever wanted to see him she left me an email with her mother's address and sent some photos by email. I was going to just try to forget it but for some reason I could tell Howie Jose was mine and set up paternity testing. I figured I would get the testing done and maybe send some money here and there, and see him at least for a day because there were more pretty women around and I couldn't stay burdened down. Thursday I met them at the Santo Domingo Metro Station. She was about 20 lbs heavier, and you know what got me, she had cut a pair of her pants in the back because she couldn't fit into any of her clothes anymore and hadn't bought any new clothes. The baby was adorable and we headed up to Santiago and did testing. A little over 100 pesos from SDQ to Santiago. First time heading up north and I loved the views of the scenery as we traveled and I held the little baby. Did the testing and was going to head back to stay in Santiago but for some reason I asked her if I could go with her. She said, yes but my mom's house is very poor, father is dead and she has two sisters. So we take a taxi to San Jose de las Matas and I saw some of the most wretched little shacks you can imagine. We arrive at her home and it is this cement block thing, with no running water but clean inside. From Santiago on that curvy road, about 2 miles from the road leading into San Jose is her home on the right. I met her mother, and two sisters and they were surprised to see me there but they welcomed me. I saw the baby's room he shared with his mother, not much for a baby at all. It was very sad and then they went to scrounge up something to cook for me. The food was very good and had flan for the first time. The next four or five run down houses and shacks were her family on her mother's side. They all came over and I said I was the baby's father because he looked exactly like me, it was like dejavu, seeing a little representation of yourself. Anyways I said we are going shopping and I went and bought a lot of clothes and accesories for the baby. I know you all are thinking I am being taken by a woman but when I bed a woman I know a virgin and she thought I really liked her because I was being so nice to her and taking her out and she thought I was cute and very nice. Of all the women I have had, I led her on to get what I wanted because she wouldn't put out, that is the kind of person I was. Anyways her mom insists we go out and a bunch of her cousins and I, go to the Igual bar in San Jose, it was packed and I danced Merengue and Bachata, not one tourist there. A must see place to go. San Jose is small city near Santiago. The more I am around Yesenia, the more I realize how much I missed her. So on Friday, she cries and says thank you for seeing your son and hopefully you will come back to see him and you don't have to see me. I told her way in advance I would just go there for the testing and leave the next day. I was holding little Howie and I said no, we go to Santo Domingo today. I am going to go the registrar office because that is where she was born and has to go to Santo Domingo. I am doing this without the results yet and she is surprised. So we go there, I sign for my son, Howie Jose (my last name) then hers and pay 50 pesos. I had to have a copy of my passport there. Then I want to go shopping so we go to the Acropolis and shop. We walk to La Sirena Super Murket store and I buy diapers, Dominican coffee, etc. I tell Yesenia I will support the baby because I know how the tests will turn out, I knew all along but having a baby wasn't part of my plans. I tell her, I want to spend the rest of my trip with her and the baby. I change his diaper and feed him his first bottle. I will post photos in a couple of days. She is very well respected in her area and her mom tells me it was a blow to her when she became pregnant because they were raised with good morals. Anyways we go to the Carnival on Saturday. Children were dressed in costumes and those that were poor were wearing newspapers. I got hit twice by little kids swinging those things(can't remember the name). We go to a nice restaurant there, called Tropi Caribe. Sunday we travel by scooter, her driving and me riding to her favorite spots and I swim in a river a few miles of town called "La Ventana" I don't know if that is the real name but it is cool and lovely. In this area there are so many run down shacks and poverty but the people are so genuine and giving. It makes you realize what real humanity is like. These are the people in the Dominican Republic most tourists never get to know. Anyways, I bathe with heated water, eat meager yet delicious home cooked meals, and am treated with genuine warmth. Growing up on a farm, I even insisted on milking the two cows and trying to fix a crack in the wall and I never thought I would stay 4nights in a place without running water and with a questionable roof. The test came back and the baby is mine. I knew it and I have to leave Tuesday, but because I really wanted to party I flew into SDQ instead of Santiago in the first place. I insist on Yesenia and little Howito as they call him, to spend a day together by ourselves. We stay my last full night in Boca Chica because my plane leaves Tues afternoon, and I show Peter and Fleming, Yesenia and the baby. Yesenia and the baby sit under an umbrella as I watch them Tuesday morning. Finally we go to the airport where I tell the taxi to drop me off and take Yesenia and the baby to the Metro Station. I give each one a last hug and kiss, Yesenia is crying, and you know what, I am not ashamed to say I had tears in my eyes as well. Why else would I be up so late, thinking about my life. San Jose is not a town for your normal tourists who enjoy the beach and AI's, but the people are priceless. I know how much people post negatively about Dominican women and relationships, and I shared the views at times, blaze away, but Yesenia and I have a lot to discuss.
dale7(Howard, and a better person today and happy)

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Ho boy... I hope all works out well for you and your new family.
It is a lot to deal with but I am sure you will handle it in the right way. Having a child was the bestest thing that ever happened to me. For that I still thank my wife and bring her gifts.

Peter and Fleming are real nice guys. Spent some time with them on the north coast and in Boca Chica last time I was down. That was inbetween seeing Pib of course!:)

Good luck!
Escott

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Good luck to you and yours!!

Yes anyone can make a mistake!
Glad to see you are taking responsibility for yours.......
Hopefully all will work out for everyone even if you and Yesenia don't decide to "tie the knot".

Thanks for posting your story.......helps others see that not all Dominicans are what tourists or those who live in tourist areas think!

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
That was a great post!

Anybody can be a Father, but it takes a Man to be a Daddy.
I'm sure you will get enough preaching from the others.
I would like to know how it works out for your family and you. You sound like you are re-thinking your lifetime game-plan.
Are we talking more visits, or a absent but supporting Father, or OMG Marriage!!!:confused:

Let us now what direction your going, and keep us up-dated, please.

Thanks
Tim H.

Last edited:

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
I am glad you have something positive to take from this experience, enjoy your son. We Domincanas are not all money hungry sluts, I am glad you got to experienced that firsthand.

Lina

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I am glad you were able to explore the real country side outside of the tourist areas with your new family. I find there is so much genuine hospitality from people in the country. That's why I loved so much living in an area without electricity or running water for 2 years.

Good luck on your future endevors...

Kj

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I looks like you got to know the "real"country. Few do and I also think you might like it. Sure the poverty is there but so is the family. Take care of your baby, send him stuff, so you can have a relation with him...I know you will like it...
And I might stand you a beer here in Santiago...

HB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wow Dale, what a story. Good luck and take care of that son of yours. I know you will.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Congratulation on the new baby. I am sure you feel like a proud daddy. Its was a very touchy story and I am glad you have shared it with us.
I know san jose de las matas very well, well the people at least. I have 3 girlfriends from there. All are wonderful, lovely girls. The people are very friendly and don't look at foreigners as big dollar signs. You got yourself a real dominicana and a handsome baby boy. Time to act like a responsible father and take the time out to spoil the baby with your love and affection. Teach him all you know in life. Don't worry, this is not the end of the world (being married and being a father). Once things settle down you can always fool around on the side. Hahahaha
Good luck dude.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Very Touching Story...

Thanks for sharing. You experienced something that most people do not know how to deal with and you dealed with it in such a great manner and true to your responsibilities. What you have learned so many people have not yet experienced and I comend you for that.
I can't wait to see all of the beautiful pictures. Will you be returning anytime soon?

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Thanks all, I didn't expect that

I honestly can't say that I really love her, I like her very, very much but I do love my son. Who knows but I am willing to work out something with her. As of now I don't know what my plans are for sure but I do want to raise my son, that is for sure. I need a fishing buddy. I didn't think I wanted a child but it was a good experience for me. I can't be a selfish, noncaring person anymore. I bought her a cell phone and I am calling her tonite. She may not be high class but I respect anyone who taught themself to use the computer and speak fairly good English and I think she is a classy lady. With an intelligence like hers, if she was born in a different environment I know she could have went far. She is the only one who never asked for anything, not once, anything I bought was my choice. It really saddened me to see her wearing clothes she could no longer wear so that the baby would have some clothes, there can be love and pride in poverty. I just wish I wouldn't have treated her the way I did when she was pregnant. I will post pictures this weekend. Plan on going back this summer, right now waiting for 3 passport photos of the baby, and the offical cerficate of his birth that she will send.
dale7(Howard)

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
I know the feeling of looking at a baby boy and realizing for the first time that it is your son. The most awsome feeling in the world bar none! Love that child every chance you get.
In your previous post you sound like a man in love. Just my dos centivos worth!
John

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
there is nothing greater and more pure than loving your kids....and having them love you back....when my gorgeous daughter was born....i finanlly learned the meaning of life....congratulations howard

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It gets better. Wait till your children have children. If I had know how much fun grankids were I would have had them first

bobnoxious

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 2, 2002
Oh my god!

I read your post over and over and I am left with total dismay. A selfish child having a child. You are torn between a "holiday experience" and the fact that you are a father. Well, I'm glad that you enjoyed your ghetto experience. Too bad that you can leave...while your offspring has to endure a life of poverty without a father. (Note: I noticed that you left this under "Trip Reports" and not under "Living").

You bought "a lot of clothes and accessories" for this little man...hooray for you! They had to "scrounge up something to cook for you"...wow, how real! You made this woman endure a week of you questioning if she was the slut you thought she was...with genetic testing...how simply fuucking sad.

Here's my favorite: " figured I would get the testing done and maybe send some money here and there, and see him at least for a day because there were more pretty women around and I couldn't stay burdened down." Wow, what a guy!

So now you are a father, except that you can reflect on it through a "Trip Report" while the lovely Yesenia has to endure the burden doled out by your penis. You get to spend 1 week being dad-like, while this young lady gets to spend at least 883 more weeks being this boy's guiding light. Whew! Lucky for you!

So I guess you are a man, since you can spew your load anywhere you like and walk away. Thanks Dad! You are quite an example and "the man". I will pray for little Howie Jose and the life that you have brought for him. God bless his soul.

And shame on you Dr1'ers who applaud this "Trip Report". I am completely aghast that such behavior is worthy of you accolades.

Excuse me, but now I have to puke (fuucking low-life son-of-a-bitch dad wannabe traveler)!

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
For you Bob

Bob,
I'm not even going to blaze away at you. If you read what I wrote I said what I thought I was going to do before I actually met my son. Just for you to know, I left money for them and will send money on a regular basis. I make myself sick at times, and she is a better person than I could ever be. I'm not going to leave them there. Right now I am working on the US passport for my son and from there work on Yesenia's papers because it is much easier once my son is a US citizen as well. That is all I have to say because no one can be harder on me than myself, what you have said is nothing compared to how I look back at my last few years and regret how much of an assh.le I have been, my guilt is more than anyone's harsh words. This is a trip report because I don't live there and there is more to trips than just the beach and AI resorts, there is actually the chance to grow in life as well. Wish you the best in life Bob.
dale7(Howard)

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
Dale7 what you did was wrong.....but what you are doing now is WHAT counts..... you are trying and i hope you keep on this path.... we all make mistakes and that is how we learn ..that is how we learn to become better persons...... you have taken a big step and an unselfish one.... keep it up and stick around for your son...... as long as you try your darnest ..you'll do just fine.....Good Luck!!!! ;)