Posted new thread in error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helen

Jan 1, 2002
My two cents

Message is on Thread re: Sankie's

Sorry - that thread was closed

In an earlier post, someone had mentioned that hopefully, after reading the messages posted on this board, they'll (the poor, misguided foreign girls & boys, I assume) learn, not get duped and move on.
Unfortunately, by the time they (the misguided girls & boys) happen onto this board & forum, are already so deep into the whole "relationship" and had "invested" so much emotions and monies into it that getting out seems to be a hardship & a waste! So what do they do - they hope against all hopes that their dominican is not a "sanki" or a "puta" and close their ears to all advice & suggestions that it is so!
A number of the posters here know my situation and know that while I am no longer with my "dominican" I came out of the whole thing a little wiser and a lot happier.
Despite all the negative comments on the Dominicans (dark or light skinned), one thing I've observed for sure is that when paired with a foreigner, they make beautiful babies!
Anna - you're doing a great job! You go girl!!!
Debs - Ditto for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thank you Helen. Nice to hear from you and yes you do have a beautiful baby boy.
Helen it's ok put it back here. The sankie thread is now closed

Last edited:

Helen

Jan 1, 2002
Anna...

Thank you, Anna - knowing I will probably get blasted by Tony C 'cos he detests "talk" about family, I am only going to say - He's (Alejandro) is not so little any more! He's a little dynamo & hell-raiser on 2 short legs! Will forward new pics of him soon.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Don't worry about Tony. Write your thread again. Just hit the edit button

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Yes,the dominican/eoropean/NorthAmerican

"Mixtures" do seem to be on the whole,a beautiful group! To bad the Male Dominicans don't stay around for the "Parenting" part of bringing a baby into the world! They seem to enjoy "Making Babies",a lot more than "Raising Babies"!!! Cris

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
To bad the Male Dominicans don't stay around for the "Parenting" part of bringing a baby into the world!

Some, Criss, some don't stick around. And then there are others who make wonderful dads...I have never seen any man love his sons more than my husband loves his sons. Don't put all Dominican men into the same basket.

Helen, great to hear from you. You must send new pics...or post more in the Media Gallery...maybe if TonyC had more babies to look at, he wouldn't be so unhappy all the time! lol

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
aparently Trina has not visited the Barrios of Santo Domingo Lately!

That way she might have a better perspective of how Some" dominican men,"some" don't stick around to raise their children! Of course they are very busy,screwing their next victim,so he can leave her too!

Some people,"some",should open their eyes and face facts!!!CRIS

Remember the definition of "Mass Confusion"?.......................
.........."Father's Day" in the Dominican Republic!!!!!!!!!!!!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Nope, you're right, I haven't visited a barrio in SD lately, however, I lived in Sosua, and seen a lot more than I wish I had...being a tourist town, I probably seen more than I ever would've in SD. And every time I hear a tourist talk about this "wonderful man they met in the DR", I cringe and hope, for their sakes, they don't get their hearts crushed. But then I think, "Hey, I know maybe 30 happily married Dominican/Canadian couples"...it happened to me, it happened to them, why can't it happen for someone else? Every single Dominican I know living in Canada is a good father...some may be questionable husbands, but they are all great fathers to their children. And my own husband is a fantastic father, which I assume was passed on from his own father, and the rest of his family.

So, no, I don't need to open my eyes...they've been open for a long time, along with my mind. I just don't like all this "pessimistic, down on every single Dominican man" concept I hear on the board all the time. Generalization is a very limiting approach to life.

Helen

Jan 1, 2002
Trina...& Criss...

Dem's fighting words, girl! LOL
I say we all post lots of photos of our family, kids & all and drive Tony around the bend!

In response to what Criss had posted. It's unfortunately a sad scenario (from what I've observed on numerous visits - yes, been in the barrios as well) that (I won't say all - because Trina does happen to be one of the lucky ones) a large majority of the male dominican population has fathered children on several women at the same time. What really gets to me is that while they get their jollies from all that copulation - the (result) children are left to fend for themselves or dumped onto another relative who is already feeding 10 others! Stopping the perpetuation of this cycle should be a mandatory topic at all Third World development's "conferences" & seminars!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Hey TRINA,it will obviously come as a surprise to you,

..but part of being a "Good Father",is being a "Good Husband"!!!!!How do you think that the "Chain of Infidelity" gets passed on? Father to son is how!!! Being a "Good Father" includes setting a good example of how to treat(Not "BEAT"!) all women with respect! This begins at home with your wife and daughters!It includes reading to your children! It includes sitting with them to do "Homework"! Taking them for "Ice Cream" on Sunday afternoon,and buying them new "Tenis" does not qualify in my book!!!CRIS

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Good points, definitely, Criss...a good father and a good husband do come hand in hand. I am lucky in that I have found both. I don't consider myself lucky that he is a good father and a good husband "because" he is Dominican, I consider myself lucky because of "who he is". I have no doubt that you, yourself, are a good father (it's your mannerism...I believe you truly do love your wife and children)...what do you think your children will say about all the hookers you brag about sleeping with, how does that affect mommy?:(

No judgement passed, but before you start judging men you don't even know screwing every woman in sight, perhaps you'd better really think about it....there's a saying about people in glass houses...

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
PS

Being a "Good Father" includes setting a good example of how to treat(Not "BEAT"!) all women with respect!

Not one of them, that I know of, beats their wives...if that was the case, I wouldn't consider him human, let alone a good father.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
No offense Trina,but what your personal experiences are,

or mine,don't have anything to do with this statistic! Dominican men cheat ,and beat,on their wives! They abandon their children! "Spin" the hell out of that if you wish,but it will not change anything! You are in "denial", or just trying to be "pigheaded",I really don't know! I hope you and your husband are elected "Couple of the Year!" This is not about you or your relationship!That means absolutly "Nada" to all the "fatherless" children here in the DR!
Why do you want to make this personal? I said absolutely nothing about you,or your relationship with your husband! I am talking about the Dominican Republic,but I doubt that dominican men leave their infidelity here on the island when they leave!

I do know what they say about people who live in glass houses,and I know what they say about people when the "Shoe Fits" too! CRIS

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
So let me get this straight.?.
Every single Dominican man cheats, and beats their wives? Please...................we both know that's a false statement.
I wasn't trying to make it personal, Criss, not at all. You know I think a lot of you, I really do. I think anyone as witty as you are has got to be extremely intelligent...add that to, for the most part, kindhearted, and you make a pretty decent man. That aside, how can you call every single Dominican man a cheater and run them down, when you brag about all the Dominican women you sleep with? It's almost laughable how hypocritical it all is...

I agree, many Dominican men are dogs. They beat and cheat. Many, not all.
But guess what? Many American men are dogs. Many Canadian men are dogs. Many European men are dogs...get the picture? Good and bad in every race and sex?

Edited to add:
I guess I just don't understand the motive to convince every female that comes on this board that every Dominican man is going to take her money, cheat on her, and then use her to get out of the country and flee on her. If I would've listened to it all, I would've lost my soulmate. And Criss, if you would've listened to your own advice, you would've never married your wife. So if it works for us, why can't it work for others? Not all people from the same country are cut from the same cloth...I'm sure you can personally attest to that. While you can't ignore the statistics, you also cannot ignore the fact that not every single person can be lumped into this category. And I'm not blind, but I don't want this board to turn me into a person that cannot trust her husband, based solely on other's opinions of what a "typical Dominican" is. Wouldn't that make for a great relationship? "People on this board told me it was true, so you must be a lying, cheating bastard."

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am Generalizing! OK?

How about this: It is VERY common in the culture of the Dominican Republic for men to have lots of sex partners outside of the matrimonial bed! Stop taking it personally,and lashing out,we will start to take you for a dominican!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Maybe it would help if Hillbilly's Golden Rules and

the DDD thread were sticky's so everyone could read them before they post those "I met this person while spending one week at an AI and now I'm hopelessly in love" threads!!

As we ALL know there are many successful pairings of foreigners and Dominicans however, most of them did not occur as a one week encounter with a "resort" animation or water sports worker!!

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Helen!!! Great to see you on the board!!! You're right about the babies being beautiful, especially your little guy.

We'll all have to get together again soon and catch up. Have you gone on your vacation yet? Give me a call!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Go Trina!

Criss, for all I like you I would not have let you get away with such blatant generalization. I am sure, and I guess you can't argue that, that if we go by personal experience I have a bigger sample from where to judge Dominican's attitudes and customs.

I have yet to personally meet a known Dominican wife-beater but did meet an American chained to a chair in the police station of Anacaona waiting to be transfered to El Palacio de la Polic?a after been picked up for beating the bejesus out of his wife. Did I conclude that ALL Americans are wife-beaters? No, just that that guy was an idiot and deserved what was coming for him. I know better as to not generalize based on my limited experience.

I am sure that there are a lot of wife-beaters in this country, we are no better than any other country in that regard. Probably not much worse either. I know for a fact that for every lousy father that I know I know many more excellent ones. My dad is a shiny example.

One thing I have to agree with you, cheating on mom surely makes dad a worse father. Kids are small, not idiots and they tend to side with mom.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: Maybe it would help if Hillbilly's Golden Rules and

MommC said:
As we ALL know there are many successful pairings of foreigners and Dominicans however, most of them did not occur as a one week encounter with a "resort" animation or water sports worker!!

That's hitting the nail on the head! 95% (my guesstimate) of the questions that relate to dominican men on this board, also relate to resort workers.

This being the case, the negativity is well founded...

Status
Not open for further replies.