Spanish/English Interpreters

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
Hello!

Can anyone refer me to a directory of Spanish/English Interpreters either in Santo Domingo or Puerto Plata area?

Does anyone know of an Association of Interpreters in Dominican Republic?

Your help is appreciated!! Thank you!

Rosanie

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
I am looking FOR a Spanish/English Interpreter and I am asking if anyone knows of a Directory of working Interpreters in the Dominican Republic OR If someone knows of an Association of Interpreters in the DR that I can contact to book an Interpreter.

Is that clearer A.J?

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
The only reason I asked was to understand why, since there are many freelancers around the DR and many people proficient or fluent there.

You must also consider your needs for looking for an interpreter, some people say they can translate/interpret and have a basic street knowledge of the language others might have only school spanish/english.

A good mix of both to accuratlely translate documents and/or conversations for you is probably what you should look for.

I do know of a few people in the Puerto Plata area that can translate for you.

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
Thank you for responding.

You are right A.J. when selecting a Interpreter one should have an expectation of what skill level they want/require for any particular situation. I am looking for someone to interpret a Interview and I want to make sure they have some accreditation or references. That is partly why I was asking about an Association of Interpreters in the country.

A.J. - could you please PM me with some of the contact information for the Interpreters you know in Puerto Plata?

By the way, I am a Sign Language Interpreter and eventually would like to speak at a fluent level of Spanish to interpret in DR and other Latin countries but I would not attempt now to interpret with my conversational level spanish abilities :)

Rosanie