Toy Importer/Wholesaler in the DR?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I am posting this for a Canadian friend who has formed a foundation, Los Padrino del Norte, which raises money in Canada to purchase toys for children in the Dominican Republic.

So that more of the money that the foundation raises can be spent for toys, it is looking for a wholesaler in the DR from who it can buy the toys, thus saving the considerable expense of shipping them to the DR.

This past Christmas, the foundation distributed toys worth $6,800 Canadian, paid $1743 Canadian to ship them to the DR, and RD$6559 to customs.

The foundation's goal for Christmas 2003 is to raise $15,000 Canadian, and it hopes that most, if not all of the money can be used to purchase toys that wholesale in the RD$50-$60 range.

Any suggestions you can give the foundation on who they might contact in the DR will be appreciated.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Ken I have a suggestion, check your private messages (PM). Regards, PJT

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If memory serves

Andres Dauhjare (Senior), is the owner of the Novia de Villa in Santo Domingo and one of the Major toy importers in the DR.
Also JUGUETON is a major player. Both are in the phone book.
I am sure that Dolores of DR1 can put you in contact with Dauhjare papa...

HB, .....Oh yes, I hope that is supposed to be: Los Padrinos del Norte

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks PJT (got the PM) and Hillbilly. I will pass the info on to the foundation.

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
To expensive

Novia de Villa and Jugueton would probably limit a bit more how far your dollars go.

If I were you I would try Distribuidora Corripio. They have El Mundo del Juguete, which is far cheaper than the other two places.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ken, you might want to go to Santo Domingo and talk to one of the Corripios, since they do move mountains of money, and this would help them shine their image...

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for the followup, HB. I've passed it and jojochos suggestion to the foundation president.