Dominicans for Bush or Saddam???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I am getting increasingly disgusted with the Dominican media and even the people in our streets clamoring to save Saddam's hide and Dominicans becoming peaceniks and flower people from the 60's. All of the sudden Saddam has just joined the Cardinal Lopez Rodriguez altar boy group. So here is afew questions I want you to answer for me:multiple choice-choose the right answer

1)a)8 out of 10 Dominican families receive money transfers from the Land of Opportunity every month, many in checks signed by Bush.
b)8 out 10 Dominicans receive money from Irak, many checks signed by Saddam Hussein.

2)a)100% of Dominicans who take boats and become stowaways in ships head to the United States to seek thge land of freedom and choice.
b)There is a booming Dominican community in Baghdad that supports Saddam Hussein.

3)a)Dominican sports, political and social figures would give an arm and a leg to have a picture taken with George Bush to show their grandchildren. Winning sports teams cannot wait for a call from George.
b)Dominicans would prefer to have a picture taken with Saddam Hussein to show their grandchildren. The winning Caribbean Series Dominican Baseball Team was looking forward for a congratulatory call from Saddam Hussein.

4)a)During Hurricane George the United States topped all other world nations with emergency aid to DR.
b)During Hurricane George Saddam Hussein called President Leonel Fernandez and offered aid to DR. Several cargo planes flew from Baghdad with quantious aid to DR. Fernandez was grateful for the aid, the best from all nations.

5)a)United States Ambassador Hans Hertell visited poor communities in Santo Domingo and border areas and offered financial aid.
b)Saddam Hussein decided to open an embassy in the Dominican Republic for the purpose of funneling aid to our poor and vowed to reduce the price of his oil to DR as a gesture of solidarity with our economic woes.

6)a)George Bush honored the dead at a major ceremony for September 11 victims, which included dozens of Dominicans. Bush vowed to avenge their deaths and chase the perpetrators wherever they may hide.
b)Saddam Hussein headed a ceremony in Baghdad in honor of the September 11 victims and vowed to help catch Osama Bin Ladin and his operatives who cross his border and sent his condolences to the Dominican president on behalf of the dozens of poor Dominicans who were sacrificed in the name of Jihad.

Now, if you answer yes to number 2 in all questions you belong in the same league with all the Dominican assholes who are serving as cannon fodder for that maniac in Baghdad. I just hope you stop sucking the U.S. tit and promise never to visit the White House or Washington D.C. Plus I don't want to see you in New York when they unveil the new tower to be built in the WTC. Be my ****--g guess and go to Baghdad and get a job. Saddam is waiting for you with lots of jobs.

As to the chicken sh-t French and Germans, we do not forget. Be ready to pay sooner than later. Don't come crying for GI Joe. Yopu are nothing but cowards who will get their due from both sides. If they think fundamentalists are going to stop terrorism in Europe just because you are nothing but "gallinas pone huevo", you got a thing coming to you.

TW

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Let me see if I can put it in words that can be easily understood since apparently it is so difficult to grasp:

Being against war, at this particular moment and under the present circumstances does not mean that one is anti-American nor pro-Saddam. It doesn't mean that one is a coward either. You are for the war, good for you. This is not the middle ages, people are free to voice their opinions, McCarthy is gone. This is the 21st century, wake up, let people voice their opinion without putting words in their mouths or trying to discover hidden motives.

Nobody is expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Right on, golo! Why the Dominican media doesn't explain that there doesn't have to be a war, and that if there is a war, only Saddam Hussain will be to blame is beyond my understanding. He has known for 12 years what he needs to do to prevent a war, and this was again made crystal clear when the UN adopted Resolution 1441 in October. Disarm completely and without conditions, that is all it takes.

But what else would you expect from a media and public that is also taken in by Hippo?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Fortunately I am blessed with the wisdom of Solomon!

So that at the precise moment that the balance of this thread tips toward it being a "War/anti-War" debate,"Canceled",In a New York minute!CRIS

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
Great post by Golo

I like his level of energy when expressing his opinions about the present situation.
It should also be understood that France and Germany are entitled to make their own decisions about world affairs. What they are trying to tell us is that the idea of "you owe me, do what I say" has come to an end.

Another thing. I am a liberal and as such, I like to hear everybody's opinions. Let's let the people with oppisite views spill their guts - of course, if we are to show some sense of democracy. Why not let somebody like azb come up with his views? As distorted as they may sound, they may still show us how the other side feels.

Been against the war is not been anti-american. But if we go against the grain..........thread will be closed.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ken, the number one fan of CNN.
wake up you robot and use your own brain for a change. read the fact about middle east and find out how many you people have been killed with your embargos in iraq. You probably cheer to save the whales but you are all for killing innocent women and kids. Shame on you you coward. At least the french and the german have the courage to stand up against the american bullshit, i can't say the same about you kiss asses.
If its all about UN resolutions then find out which is the only country in Middle east that not only has illegal Nuclear weapons and tons and tons of bio-chem weapons( yes, all supplied by USA ) but has also defied the UN resolution since 1963..... Name that country please Mr. Coward? Lets see if you you have the guts to even mention that name??? No you won't. You are all media talk a puppet.
Did you know who supplied Sadam Hussain with bio-chem weapons in 1986 to kill the kurds (so called his own people). Guess which country Mr. Loud mouth. No, you won't say the name. Do you know the turks kill kurds as well (maybe more than sadam Hussain) but Turks are the good guys so it doesn't matter if they kill the same poeple.
I believe Golo Knows all the facts but I am not sure why he is for the war, maybe thats his nature of entertainment but you ken, you don't know the facts and you keep repeating all the CNN Bullshit crap. i am sick and tired of coward robots like you.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I never saw Dominicans, including PIB

-protesting when Saddam was blowing away the Kurds.

-Or when Saddam went to war against Iran

-Or when Britain went to war against Argentina

-Or when North Korea shot down an American airplane full of passengers.

-Or when Saddam invaded Kuwait

-Or when the Arab nations invaded Israel only to have their asses kicked.

-Or when the Russians invaded Chechnya

-Or when the Russians invaded Afghanistan

-Or when the Russians sent their tanks to Poland

-Or when Putin poisoned hundreds of innocent civilian theater goers with a mystery gas to stop the "freedom fighters" who took it over.

But then again, perhaps I am the hypocrite.

As far as I am concerned you can close the thread anytime you wish. You have the power to do it. I am not the one using McCarthysm pulling a thread about Dominican hypocrites.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Before this thread gets closed I would like to add my two cents.
I'm only a women and an old one at that, but I think Iraq is an excuse for troops to position themselves for something bigger than Saddam.
Stay Tuned:

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
Saddam is not a saint

We put the guy in place, gave him all kinds of "toys", now that they guy has grown up and not doing as we say, well...... let's get rid of him.
By the way, I have several members of my family - all Dominicans- on their way to the region.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm with Anna!
And to keep the DR content - If someone did me a good deed yesterday (like the aid from the US to the DR), and kills somebody today, I do not have to be eternally thankful and I do not have to support the action.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Although I am opposed to this possible war, I may not have all the information I need to make a decision about it. And I am convinced that the people there are suffering.
For me, it's about the US telling others "it's my way or the highway." Saddam isn't Osama, and I don't think one group should be punished for the acts of another. I don't think that implies that I am "for Saddam." Maybe we had our chance in '91.
On Wednesday, college students across America, walked out of class at noon to protest the war. Mayb Dominican students here and in the DR were included in this strike?
There are enough Dominican soldiers in our military that their families have opinions about losing them in a war.
IMHO
mk

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Golo,

I must say that I totally disagree with you on this one! I can't help but see that you are so Pro-Bush that even if he announced that in a few days will we be attempting to take over the world you would blindly jump in the wagon. Just because Dominicans receive money from the U.S doesn't mean that they have to support everything that the President does. You have to come with a stronger argument then the one that you are making. It's insane to think just because a few Dominicans receive a few dollars here and there they should go along with everything that the U.S does without questioning the intentions of such actions. The way I see it you must believe that every U.S policy is perfect because I don't believe that I have ever read a post where you might of said something that went against U.S politics or their foreign polocy. To you everything that the U.S does is law but maybe it's not the same for the other 8 million dominicans. And why is it that it's hard for you to accept their opinions. Don't get me wrong...if they are in turn in support for Saddam and not what the war may do then I do so a problem with that but it's just against the war then let them be!

DR_DEFENDER

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
How's that for a thread, criss?

We're keeping it nice and clean just for you. :)
Expressing opinions and venting. No mud so far.

Oh, oh, oh, for the DR content. If the economy keeps going south (that means sour, for non gringos), there goes my trip to Punta Cana. And I assume a lot more people are going to do the same.
Your dirt road tolls are going up, sorry.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Since this thread will be closed anytime soon...

Let me tell you about arab-iraeli wars.
Israel never fought a war which it could not think can be won easily. Israel always had the atomic weapons since early stages of its statehood. Arabs knew it well. israel had always provoked the wars with arabs, knowing it could win easily with american advanced weaponary and satellite information of the arab military activity. The only war which Israel almost lost was the Yam kapoor war when Israel was all up backed to the dead sea. Americans had to come in and save them.
Israel is the only country in the middle east which has repeatedly has turned its back on UN resolutions to get out from the occupied territory and to stop slaughtering the poor palestinians. Israel is the only country in the middle east which has illegal stock piles of nuclear, bio-chem weapons and intimidates all the neighboring countries on daily basis. Israel was formed on stolen territory from the poor palestinians. Its leaders are former terrorists and murderers, worse then nazis. they killed palestinians, killed pregnant women and children to scare people out of their homes and into refugee camps. They blew up bombs to kick out the british, thus, terror was introduced to the middle east. Israeli leaders are the ones who were the very first terrorists in the middle eastern region.
Now with their blockades in the palestinian territories, 80% palestinians are jobless and close to starvation. Kids have no future and dying from diseases. This is the image you don't see on the news media, you only see palestinians with rifles and blowing bombs. Israel kills dozens of palestinians in daily basis and torture them in jails. Destries homes and push people out of their homes.
As long as USA is mediating this "so called" peace talk, there will never be a palestinian state. Sharon can't travel to belgium and to many european countries beause he will be arrested (is wanted by the world court for slaughtering palestinians).
Can anyone raise a finger to israeli atrocities against mankind? No, not a single one of you have the guts to even talk about this topic. Lets see how many will come to israel's defense. Isreali doen't give back shit for all the billionsn of dollar worth of AID american tax payers give, instead you get people like Jonathan Pollard who spied against USA and gave info to israel who sold it to soviet union. This alone caused lives of many secret american agents in soviet union to get arrested and killed.
Marc Rich, who was pardoned by clinton was not only wanted in USA for financial fraud but the media failed to mention he was also wanted for spying against the USA. Thats why israeli government put so much pressure on president clinton to pardon him. This alone pissed off many people in USA but can any one raise a finger?
So lets see how many poeple will come to isreali's defense and condemn sadan who has done nothing to USA to deserve this bad press.
Whats funny is that with all the negative press against Sadam the Bush government has lost the PR battle against a dictator like him. Hahahahaha. How could you lose a PR battle against sadam?>

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
AZB said:
Ken, the number one fan of CNN.
wake up you robot and use your own brain for a change. read the fact about middle east and find out how many you people have been killed with your embargos in iraq. You probably cheer to save the whales but you are all for killing innocent women and kids. Shame on you you coward. At least the french and the german have the courage to stand up against the american bullshit, i can't say the same about you kiss asses.

Ho boy... I love you AZB like a brother. I enjoy spending time with you and having fun. I believe you are a decent person and a person that I trust and would confide in and ask for help if I needed it.

You are one twisted Mo-fo in your views expecially blaming everything that anyone says that is against your wild, stary eyed, fundamentalist views on CNN.

The question put out is, why are a few Dominicans who for the most part owe a big debt of gratitude to the US for many reasons outlined would protest something that they basically have no idea, information or something to gain from?

I think the reasons are disinformation passed onto them by a few people who have other axes to grind.

The French, Germans and the Russians have agendas that are different than peace on their minds. They have financial reasons. The French have a big piece of the Oil Industry in Iraq at stake, the Russians have a big debt owed by Iraq which wouldnt be paid by another government and the Germans along with the French make money, BIG MONEY being the BUTT BROTHER of Saddam. They shipped EVERYTHING necessary to build the Nuke plant that Israel blew to hell many years ago. They probably still haven't been paid for it and that is what they probably want.

Iraq in the LAST gulf war to throw them out of Kuwait raped and pillared the country, set fire to all the oil wells causing an envirnmental nightmare, used chemical weapons on the Kurds (Yeah I know they aren't muslims and you are) the Iranians (yeah I know another sort of Muslim than you are) and after all was said and done didn't do what they agreed to do (disarm) when they surrendered to the allied forces (mostly US and Britain) and you defend them like that is rightous. You feed the ISLAMIC FUNDY BS that all the problems in the world are the fault of CNN and NOT the fault of Saddam for not doing what he agreed to do.

The UN agreed for Oil for food and medicine for Iraq during the boycott. Saddam funneled the money into other things and you blame this on the US.

Some Dominicans just aren't very smart just like some US, some Canadians and Some from where ever. That doesn't mean that all of them are. The ones that think differently which I am sure are the silent majority should speak up, but what the f#ck they keep on electing governments that rob them blind so what is the outside world to expect in any case.

"Edited to Add"

This isn't about Israel and Jews which you have such hatred for. After all they were your scapegoats for years because a big part of the world population dislikes them mostly out of Jealousy. Hell the UN was run by a Nazi for years and the world didn't say a word. This is about IRAQ and the DR.

Only thing I can add about Israel is that Iraq threw 135 Scuds at them when they were getting their asses kicked in the last war. Too bad Sharon wasn't the guy in charge then, he would have gone in there and would have gotten the job done completely and right unlike the US who bends to world opinions. The US was there just to kick his ass out of Kuwait and we stopped. Too freakin bad for the rest of the world. Politically correct sucks, and to cowtow to the German and French pieces of Dog Doo is a shame.

I wonder the promises that Saddam promiced if they stood up for him or the threats if they didn't? Don't see that on CNN either.

just my 5 pesos...

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Anna Coniglio said:
Before this thread gets closed I would like to add my two cents.
I'm only a women and an old one at that, but I think Iraq is an excuse for troops to position themselves for something bigger than Saddam.
Stay Tuned:

I hope so... I think we should take out Saudi Arabia after Saddam.

LOL

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It's not Saudi Arabia.I'm so surprised people can't see it.

I wish I was in the DR in the sunshine. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.