US Firm to "clear" P Gomez's name

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
it has been reported in DR! news. It is not clear whether it's the PRD or the Gov't taking charge in this issue but either way it's a waste of money. I really see no point in doing this as the man is dead. If anyone knows why please speak up. They should use all that money they are going to spend to help the DR economy.

what a shame

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
PRD and Pe?a

It is very "hipo"critical of their part to claim a period of austerity and at the same time spend money (dollars) defending the 'honor' of this man (Pe?a). Was he a saint? I don't think he was, I dont care if he was, no one in politics is.

The funny thing that this stupidity was caused by a trial about two agents seeking compensation for being pulled out of a drug case in which pe?a was involved in some degree. The case was in no way set to establish the fact he did deal in drugs.

So, what the &%^# are they trying to defend his "honor" for?

Apr 26, 2002
Am I correct in correcting the DR1 news account of today to state that it was drug enforcement agents of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and not US DEA agents, who allegedly defamed the peerless reputation of Sr. Pena Gomez?

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I dont want to be redundantly redundant, but does it matter if the agents are DEA or Penn state troopers? The case had nothing to do with the man!!