Dom men from NY

halo

Mar 5, 2003
I have met someone and have had a long distance freindship with a DR man - who also happens to live in NY....should I be concerned with this? He seems to be a normal decent guy who has family in both places....am I being duped ya think?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
They're coming out of the woodwork this week!

Halo,should you be concerned that he lives in NY? No
Where do you live?

latinarubia

Mar 6, 2003
oh dear...

HALO!!! Spare yourself!! You can still be saved....

I'm not referring to the DR guy but returning here to read the replies!
Most likely they will not be what you want to hear...I learned the hard way. Just follow ur guts and live and laugh and learn mi amor!

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Just find out if he is legally here in the U.S. first. That will save you headaches down the road. It is a common misconception that illegals can marry a U.S. Citizen and become legal. NOT TRUE.

Other than that have you visited him in NY? It can be so much fun especially if you are familiar with DR culture. The dancing, colmadoes, presidente, chivo guisado...

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
They're coming out of the woodwork this week!

Halo,should you be concerned that he lives in NY? No
Where do you live?

Ha! It must have been the Oral Sex thread! Everyone wants a Dominican man now ;) J/K

Halo, not all the things that you read about Dominican men on this board are true. You'll read a lot of negative generalizations, but for the most part Dominican men are wonderful and no more or less trouble than any other man of any other nationality. Many of us have had good experiences and bad as I'm sure we've had with men from any other culture.

Trust your heart and follow your instincts and treat it like you would any other relationship.

I agree with kjdrga...I had a long distance relationship with a couple of Dominicans in NY and my visits there were some of the best times of my life. Enjoy!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Girl, trust yourself! Who cares what other people say about this topic, you know the person, you know yourself, you are the best judge. Not one person is the same, how would they know what is best for you. Think about it and figure it out for yourself!