Hotel business in DR

Myleena

Mar 7, 2003
Hi, I just found out about this site and am already hooked!!!! (especially th Mars and Venus section...hehehe)

Anyway, I went to DR (Cabarete) last week and loved it so much I am going back as soon as I can get the $$ to do so...

I have a friend who is going back to Africa next year because his father is retiring from their $_$ business and he is going to be the relief... Since he's the type of person who likes investment opportunities, I thought a Hotel may be a good business opportunity.

The questions now are: How much capital do you need to build or buy an all inclusive resort? (not including permits and such)

What are the salaries of workers in such hotels/resorts?

Thanks for any input =)

Myleena

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Don't know the cost to buy a hotel.......

but the workers make anywhere from RD$2500 a month to RD$45,000 per month depending on their position.
Housekeepers make the least, followed by maintenance,animation,trades,cooks,office/front desk and management.

frederic

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
Hotel price range

There are at least 20+ hotels for sale presently in the Dominican Republic, mostly ranging between US$25,000 and US$45,000 dollars per room.

What size hotel are you looking for?

Myleena

Mar 7, 2003
I don't know yet, my friends wants me to gather more information before investing... I guess a startup budget of around $900,000US seems ok.
Do you know what kind of revenues an hotel or resort can get? (after paying the employees of course)

Myleena

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Learn this "Lesson" before you start investing,anywhere!

When a man with money,meets a man with experience,they usually part when the man with the experience has the money,and the man with the money has the experience!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccccccccc

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
That kind of budget ......

might buy you a "GUEST HOUSE" but it definitely won't buy a hotel.
Punta Garza in Juan dolio is for sale (on the beach, 130 rooms) and the owner just turned down a $US 2 million offer. Plus whoever buys it will need to invest another million or so to re-plumb, re-wire, renovate, furnish rooms, re-do kitchen, buy kitchen equipment,dishes, linen, etc.etc.
There is a 21 room guest house for sale with gymnasium and restaurant and the owner is asking US$550,000.
PM me if you want more info and I'll send you the email address of the guest house owner!

ozno

Feb 13, 2003
hi

is hotel is the only think you loking for i have a good buisness i want to sale so if you are intresting i will sand you my e mail or give me your e mail i will sand you a messege
thanks ozno

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
I know of a great hotel for sale in Cabarete. Cabarete DEFINITELY does not need another all inclusive hotel. The one's that exist are barely keeping themselves alive because there are too many other options in town, including eating establishments. All inclusives work best when tourists are isolated and have no other option/infrastructure to choose from...... especially in a sports oriented destination like Cabarete where the water is dominated by windsurfers and kitesurfers.

Please contact me directly for more information on the hotel.

Marina
marina@kitexcite.com