Occidental Flamenco Punta Cana

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
I just cut and pasted this review...

Feb 25-28, 2003

We took Superclub Breezes up on their offer to move to another resort for three nights and stayed at Occidental Flamenco. We transferred at 3 pm and check in was very quick. The room was a lot nicer then the one at Breezes, we were in Building 16 which looked out over the first pool and, if you leaned wayyyyyyyyy over and looked to the left, the ocean!!

The room had 2-? beds in it, two large comfy chairs and fridge was stocked with pop, water and beer. The first day there was 2 beer, second day 4 beer and third day 3 beer. We did tip with trinkets & $2/daily while there.

The grounds at this resort are amazing! The staff seem to be always painting and fixing up. The pools were awesome ? the first two are quiet pools though the first pool closest to reception had the swim up bar, the pool closest to the beach had all the activities going on. The beach was nice, but we preferred Breezes over this one simply because Breezes had no seaweed at all, small insignificant point.

Food here was good, didn?t hear good reviews about buffet from some people we moved over with, but we only had two breakfasts there and as long as there is toast I?m ok for breakfast. Lunch we ate at the beach buffet the first day and the sport bar next two, preferred sports bar ? awesome fries and popcorn!

Supper, we got one reservation at the Grill which was really good. Other nights we went to the Mexican and Italian ? if you eat outside you don?t need a reservation, you get a limited menu (no salad, no dessert) and you were waited on ? which was awesome. The food at the Mexican was delicious.

Entertainment here was very very professional ? live musicians vs taped music and singers actually sung vs lip syncing. They put a lot of effort into their shows.

One thing we didn?t like as much at this place vs Breezes was that this place a lot bigger/spread out therefore there is a lot more walking ? I guess by week two we were starting to get lazy!

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay both at Breezes and this resort, our preference is Breezes simply because there is so much more going on all the time there. I would recommend either resort.