flying to puerto plata

msophiac

Jan 20, 2003
But cant find a decent price, best prices I can find go to SD. Any suggestions?
Or: how much does it cost to fly from SD to PoP, do they fly every day? Woudl there be problems with luggage transfer?
sophia

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You can take a bus also

Caribe and Metro are quite nice air conditioned tour type buses between SD and POP for under $10 US.

As for luggage transfer if you are arriving on an international flight and leaving on domestic you'd have to get your bags and claer customs and then I think you even have to go to a new airport (Herrera?) for internal flights and then recheck the bags when you check in.

I doubt you can buy from wherever you are to SDQ, then connect to an Air Santo Domingo flight anyway.

I am surprised that you think a flight to SDQ then another flight and transfers on another airline to get to POP is less expensive than a flight to POP to start with.

AA flies to POP every day from JFK, SJU and MIA.

Where are you coming from and when? Also have you checked air only rates on charters - not the full air and hotel package but just the air part - very cheap and the plane still goes there.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
What is your route, where are you flying from? Flights from S Domingo to POP are operated from another domestic airport, schedules are not for connections.

msophiac

Jan 20, 2003
puerto plata

I am leaving from KC, but I guess I will have to go via Miami, my problem is a cheap flight is a short one, and I will be there 6 months. I guess there isnt daily flight to and from the airport in SD, because I called and was referred to another airport. I cant see how I can take a bus with 2 huge suitcases and a backpack (and my laptop!)
sophia

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Direct regular flights to Dominicana are operated from
JFK, EWR, MIA, SJU, BOS. Charter cheap flights are operated from other cities to POP and PUJ. So you will have to fly via MIA