question

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
you guys who are experienced in flying to DR....... would you consider $478.00 plus tax for an adult & $362.00 plus tax for a child = a good price flying from ny to dr? does anyone here know if these prices may drop in the future? or will they go up? does anyone here remember last year prices? well my question is should i buy them right now ? or wait for the sale? or would you consider this THE sale? oh this is for traveling in July....for those of you who dont already know.;) I am sorry for asking this question so MANY times in so many different ways:cool: Thanks guys for your patient responses ............;)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You Don't Say for How Long

The Netsaver fares which are announced 10 days or so in advance generally are only available on a leave F/S and return M/T basis so if you are thinking a week or so, then you probably have the summer fare.

Remember if you fly on AA and they do lower the fare and you can meet the fare rules, e.g. advance booking and stayover requirements you can call them and ask for a rollover and they will refund the excess in the form of vouchers useable within a year for travel.

You could probably wait until somewhat later to book for July ( in terms of getting the seats) but the price may in fact be higher not lower.

Since you are going from NY just check the Continental Newark prices vs. the AA JFK prices both of which are non stop and if you are not aligned to one airline you may save a bit but I doubt it.

I think a lot of people wait for better and then find either only more expensive or no seats at all when booking.

I am leaving for SDQ Thursday and bought THAT ticket kind of last minute 2 weeks ago but I already have an April and a May ticket bought in January.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Linda we all wish we had a crystal ball but. Last year's prices are different than this year. I watch them all the time. Sometimes prices go down a week before if they have lots of seats sometimes not. The prices tend to be lower in May. Then after May I think there's less flights going out which makes last minute deals harder to find. So it depends if you can do the last minute thing like a week before if not book now. It does sound like a good price that far ahead.
And what Rick said!

Last edited:

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
thanks

thank you both for your response.... i am in NY ..... I might opt to buy them soon nd ask a rollover..if that would be the case. thks guys!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Pan Am Games

Keep in mind the schedule of the 2003 Pan Am Games of Aug 1 - 17, in the D.R., there will be a high demand for air travel around that time. Most probably the airlines will take advantage of the situation and not lower prices. Regards, PJT

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
PJT, it is not clear if we'll be ready to host GAMES, take a look at the constructions, it is slow and they have no time to finish it.