Help need, sending suppies "packages" to Cabarete.

Debra

Nov 23, 2002
My husband and I met 5 shoe shine boys when we visited Cabarete 3/1/03. We brought them to Casa Nelson in PP and bought them their first pair of sneakers, some shorts, T shirts and socks.

The next day we were invited to thier Casa and met their families. They live on a road on the left heading to pp, just past the center of Cabarete. They were friendly and offered us coconuts and cafe. The families and school could use supplies that we would like to send. Penciles, pads, chalk, shoes clothes and are wondering the best way to send them.

In Cabarete we met the woman who ownes Dick's backery and she was very helpful, because we do not speak Spanish it was difficult to get exact instuctions.
I know if we can get a package to her she will see the boys and the school get the supplies.

We went to the Fed-EX and Western Union business in Cabarete and my husband was still confused about the instructions.

The only address I have to send things is Dick German Bakery, Cabarete Center. I have no zip code. Will this work?

Thank you for any help you can provide. _Debra

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Customs

Too bad all of those nice items and good intentions are going to end up at some customs official's house. You're being naive if you think that at least some of the goods will not be pilfered. Further, duties will probably be required to be paid. Do as I do on a piecemiel basis. Every piece of luggage I bring in has a few things in it. I've never been asked to open them upon entry.

POPGrl

Oct 30, 2002
Supplies

I will be returning to Cabarete in June. If I can help out in anyway please let me know. I have brought many supplies to schools around Cabarete myself. But I would bring them myself and not take the chance of mailing things. You never know if they will get them.

Please let me know if I can help or bring them along when I return!:cool:

Debra

Nov 23, 2002
You are all so kind.

My husband and I are going to make a trip to Cabarete earlier than planned so we may bring the supplies.

However, if you would like to bring any clothes you are not using anymore, shoes, penciles or school supplies. You can bring them to Dick's bakery on mail st. Give them to Ms. Diaz. She ownes the place and one warm and beautiful lady. She will make sure the stuff gets to the school.