Status
Not open for further replies.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Just curious, I have been reading here for a while now, and i hav noticed something.....i cant help but notice that ANNA interrupts, closes threads when she wants too, granted u ARE the moderator and will MONITOR as u see fit, but i find it a bit rude to cut off a thread when people are CLEARLY interested in continuing the topic.....so what if it has been discussed a million times, i thought that the board was just for that, to discuss things as you please.?:alien:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If people start to attack each other then it's closed. End of story. If someone starts a thread and asks a question and the thread later goes way off topic I ask to start another.

If you have a problem with this please see management.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
You may find this useful

<p align="center"><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#FF0000">INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PUBLIC INTERNET FORUMS MODERATORS</br>Pi$$ing off people since 1823</font></p>
<p align="center"><font face="Verdana" size="2">ETHICAL COMMITTEE<br>Report of unethical behavior/complaint form</p>
While participating on forum________________ in the website _________________, moderator _____________ (supply moderator's forum handle, full name, POB, DOB, credit card number, forum password and social security number-or applicable document) committed the following violation (please describe in Latin the violation in which the moderator incurred):____________________</font>

How would you like us to process your report?

* Shredded
* Made into a paper airplane.
* Used to substitute toilet paper (our preferred method)
* Read by the staff (requires that you submit US$250.00 to
cover processing fee)

Thank you for your report, you will hear from us soon (ut ha!).</font>

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Good one oh Goddess of women moderators. I'll have to save it for future use.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
that was HYSTERICAL!!! gotta print that out

250usd? are u kidding? do i look like a naive GULLIBLE canadian chick?? sorry sorry that was LOW i know.....

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
lalla said:
Just curious, I have been reading here for a while now, and i hav noticed something.....i cant help but notice that ANNA interrupts, closes threads when she wants too, granted u ARE the moderator and will MONITOR as u see fit, but i find it a bit rude to cut off a thread when people are CLEARLY interested in continuing the topic.....so what if it has been discussed a million times, i thought that the board was just for that, to discuss things as you please.?:alien:

With all due respect, lalla, you might want to become a regular participant before criticizing the moderators. A total of 6 posts, most if not all accumulated today with your posts on prostitution and your criticism of the moderators is not much in the way of credentials.

I have been following this board long enough to have seen quite a number of persons pop up, make a stir for a few days, then disappear. Will you be one of them?

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
ken......

no not at all, that was not my intention, to cause a stir.
i just wanted to make sure that if i posted i wasnt going to get cut off....i know that people keep repeating things that have already been discussed, but i just feel like alot of the times people do this becuase some topics can just be discussed endlessley and alot of the times new points come up in regards to one topic....

dont mean to start a riot or anything, or offend the moderator;) :disappoin

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No guarantee that a thread won't be killed, but rarely is one killed because people reach the point where they are all repeating the same things. The usual reason are because one or more posters persist in moving the thread out of the DR and into international politics, religion, etc, or because disagreements get so intense that one or more posters start making too-personal/insulting remarks about the person(s) they disagree with.

I believe the moderators are considering how to deal with the latter problem in ways other than killing a thread to punish the offender(s). Deleting objectionable posts is one of the things that has been suggested, temporarily banning a frequent violator of board etiquete is another. Vamos a ver.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Keep in mind also......

that if it gets too real you may be cut off. This is "Paradise" after all and all things should be "positive only".
Heaven forbid you should try to tell it like it is or [super]rattle the cage[/super].

Just don't use any offensive language (i.e. sanki/puta/cuero/STW) but talk about sex all you like especially if it's "out of the ordinary" and relates to the DR.
Don't call anybody names or make personal accusations (not even to retaliate if you happen to be the target) and say only nice things about other people especially Dominicans.

Let's keep the "illusion" that the DR is a great place to live, love and be happy!! Just like a lot of other countries in the world!After all if we "shatter" the illusion we'd have no reason other than the climate to be here!!

Last edited:

GayBoy23

Apr 9, 2003
Lalla i totally agree with you. I know how you feel mine got closed for no reason. But then again that's what moderators are for i guess. There not good for anything else.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Being a moderator is a thankless task and quite honestly a task many of their critics are not capable of performing.

If you have a problem with a moderator, email or PM them directly.
If you want to take it further, email or PM me.

If you feel the need to continually bash a moderator on the board,
don't expect to have a username for very much longer.

One more point, some of you should stop whinning and grow up.
This is a message board, it's not life and death...

Status
Not open for further replies.