Ques? on Orange Cellphone Service

nycguy7077

Oct 13, 2002
HI All,
I need some info. I normally travel to the DR every 2 months and I reload my Orange phone with a card. Because of the impending war with Iraq, I will be unable to leave NYC. Orange gives you 90 days or you lose your activation and phone number. My activation will expire on April 2nd. (Last trip was Jan 2) Is there any way to reload via credit card or through the Internet, or by calling them from NYC? I would hate to lose my number. In addition to all my friends having my number, it is also a pretty cool number, easy to remember.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You could get one of your friends from the DR to buy a card for you and e-mail you the number. Depending on the amount of the card, the time limit varies up to several months.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Oops

Yea, you're right. Forgot about that. Then, I guess he has to send the phone. Question, why won't the NYC people be able to come to the DR if it heats up in Irak?

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
I am planning to travel in the summer to D.R. ......is this going to be a problem? wi th the war ? or are you not going for other reasons nycguy7077 ?

nycguy7077

Oct 13, 2002
I will try to get down to the DR before April 1. I didn't mean to imply that NYers can't travel to the DR in the event of a war with Iraq. I meant that I will probably be unable to go. I just retired from the NYPD and am doing some consulting work, training NY hotel staffs on security measures. I'm under contract. I will try to sneak a 3 day weekend there if I can. I was just wondering if Orange has a credit card option to reload, via phone or internet.

Last edited: