Haiti-dr Unification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lady merrique

Feb 9, 2002
What is wrong with a union between Haiti and DR?

I mean the island is clearly split in two....and one of

the many reason for such persistance of separation

lies in roots of racial prejudice.

I can see how social-political-economical situations

play a role in this separation. But, I wanna know what you guys

think about the unification of la hispaniola.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
We already discussed that. Please do a search.

And while you are at it, please suggest to the US that they merge with the Mexico. Or to India that they merge back with Pakistan, etc. Do you actually know anything about DR and Haiti?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Same sentiments here. I was VERY tempted to decorate this thread with a nice padlock. I guess she might be genuinely interested in it and she's not just a newbie trying to call attention on herself by asking a *brilliant* question :rolleyes:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No finger, no!

Get off that DELETE button....

The short answer: Not in this lifetime. PLEASE do an Archive Search? Key word: Haiti+Unification

HB

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
an analogy

A simple way to look at it...

Go out find the poorest, most uneducated homeless person around. Be sure that this person has a long history of violent conflicts with your family, speaks a different language and practices a religion that inspires fear and revulsion among your friends.

Additionally, make sure that the genetic make up of this person would be intolerable to your family. Make sure this person is deep in debt and a has long violent criminal record.

Now marry that person. This would be roughly the same thing as mergeing the two countries

Status
Not open for further replies.