buying vacations on eBay

K8thaGR8

Jan 27, 2003
I am wondering about the viability of buying a travel vacation on eBay. Recently I was searching through the site for used windsuring equipment and I came upon an all-inclusive vacation to the DR for a really cheap price. They also have amazing deals on airfare only. Anyone heard of people actually buying a vacation off of eBay and it actually working out O.K for them? Thanks.

Kate

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
Recently I was searching through the site for used windsuring equipment and I came upon an all-inclusive vacation to the DR for a really cheap price. They also have amazing deals on airfare only.

i've never heard of anyone buying a vacation off of ebay but i would be skeptical of anything that seems too good to be true. since ebay only provides the forum for an auction and doesn't guarantee any of the items sold, it could be very risky financially to buy a vacation from an unknown third party.

stick to travel agents or the reputable web sites, i'd say.

anita

Dec 9, 2002
I have never bought a vacation from anyone on ebay, but I have purchased numerous other things from the site, mainly jewellery, and never had any problems.