has hair
is Dominican

-Indie
Let me know if you see this guy.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Arenas,
I left this one opened to see the responds. We have two thread on the go about what men want and what women want. I left yours because I thought perhaps it was to list the physical. If it's going to end up the same I will move it over.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Indie said:
A man who:
really likes me
is 5'9"+
has una espalda varonil that I can rely on and snuggle up to
has a nice, healthy smile
is intelligent
is funny, has a good sense of humor, and loves to laugh
is a charming gentleman
is secure enough to always be himself
doesn't play games
is honest
is a hard worker
has hair
is Dominican
-Indie
Let me know if you see this guy.

Isn't that guy Joseito?
BTW my step-son has all that but isn't always a
hard worker. lol

What makes a person attractive to me is someone
in good shape. Firm body, who likes to smile and share.
Someone who combines a fine exterior with a warm
personality.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
For me it's the eyes. I see something in the eyes first. Can't put into words what that is though.
Since I haven't had great success maybe what I see is the word "Loser" and will have to watch out for that.:ermm:

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I agree with you Anna!

Eyes tell so much, I always look for the truth in a persons eyes. Everyone tells me that I speak with my eyes as well.
A smile can also make you the happiest person in the world.
Honesty, Trust, sense of humour, caring, takes care of you, but is independent. There are just so many qualities!!!! A fabolous dancer! A must!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
chest, arms, face, butt...not necessarily in that order...

While having that immediate attraction is important, a man can hugely improve his sex appeal with a great sense of humour, a kind heart, and intelligence. A man who is self-assured without being arrogant, proud yet humble, as well as being very open and honest are the personal qualities I look for. The way he treats children, puppies, and waitstaff in a restaurant have always been deciding factors in whether or not I would have a relationship with him. I fell in love with my husband when I saw the way he acted around his family and the children in the neighborhood...I knew that was the man that I wanted as the father to our future children.

kukla

Mar 13, 2003
Trina, I totally agree with you.

But I must add to that: a willingness to take risks

nicelifealways

Jan 12, 2003
Is it genetic?

I think most of the human beings are programmed to judge people as attractive based on:

a) Symmetry of the face. The lesser the worse. It sums up your gene pool and how good they are. This cuts across all the race/region/etc, etc. All you have to do is to take a front profile picture, cut it in 2, copy and paste it together to check out this factor.

b) Females. Waist/Hip Ratio, should be 0.7. Again genetically programmed. Small waist means not pregnant and hence would be able to bear children. Also means that the hip structure can take the weight gained due to child inside.

c) Males. Signs of maturity - could be intelligence, confidence. Since the man has to only impregnate once females would always look for one that can stay on during the pregnancy and afterwards

d) Emotional playground during relationship. As you fall more in love, the same person becomes more attractive (your mind plays the games with you to rationalize it). The worse off you are in a relationship the less attractive the person is, since it trying to explore other options.

There are many more, anyhow the fact is that man wants to have females to carry his genes forward while female just wants to have the best gene for it's own child. Man also wants to make sure that it is only his genes that are going forward (hence concept of marriage and dominance)....

Let us see how this evolves

crazy_4_u_l

Mar 15, 2003
what i like

the SMILES, and EYES are the best part of a guy!!! and of course the ARMS, CHEST! MOST of all their personality has to be good, and not snobby!! if you know what I mean!!

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
ditto on most

I agree. Snobs turn me off. The type of man that physically attracts me is tall, dark, with intense eyes and a good sense of humor. But I have at times been attracted to men who don?t fit these criteria, being drawn in more by their personality than their looks.

arenas809

May 22, 2002
Ok My Turn...

I'll start with physically...

I like gorditas, plain and simple. I mean yes there is a thing as too big, but if you have some meat on you, and it's well proportioned from top to bottom, fine. A girl can be chubby and still be cute and have a nice figure. Also I could care less if you have a few chichos. Guys crack me up wanting a girl with dique a washboard stomach. Mira I have abs, so why do I care if my girl does? Besides what the hell are you going to do with a girl's abs?

I'm a pretty big guy myself (6'4 210) so I guess I feel like I would just break a little girl. If I want a tortilla, I'll eat one, not (insert your word of choice here) one. Y una muchacha que tiene un culo empe?ao is just ugh...no thanks. I really hate when a girl is like big on top and then has piernas arribas and no thighs, what's up with that?

I like short girls, I think its cute, especially since I'm kind of tall. It feels really nice when you hold them.

I like a girl who takes care of herself (who doesn't?)

Nice, long hair, love that.

How a girl dresses, well I'll just say I like if a girl can look good in something nice and just as good in sweatpants, cool. Girls here tend to dress like they're about to go to the club, every damn day, this is even to like 8 A.M. class, a good mixture of nice and simple is good.

Age wise I tend to want a older woman. That's all I've cared to be with. Always believed you go to bed with babies you wake up with shit, so a girl my age or younger just doesn't interest me. I find it funny when like 20-25 yr. old guys are like messing around with 16,17 yr. old girls. I just feel like the 2 are in completely different stages in life, I mean what would I look like being with a 16 yr. old girl, I'm gona be like so mama, y que, you want me tob pick you up after recess? There's just a maturity level you find in "older" women (most of the time) that I look for and can't really find in "younger" girls.

Personality wise...

Let me start by saying me gusta una mujer con pantalones. The type of the girl that doesn't need your sorry ass to make it in this world, and WILL tell you so. That's just a huge turn on.

I also like when a girl has a sense of humor, can make me laugh. I'm a pretty sarcastic person, so if you can keep up with that and fire back, that's a good thing.

I like simple women (people in general), not all into material things. It's ok to want/like nice things, I do, but if that's your whole life, next....

Don't like vanidosas, a girl can be cromo puro, but her attitude can make her fea. See that a LOT here in Miami.

I like girls who like to be affectionate, I mean you can touch and do little things without it escalating too much...(do I really believe that?)

Guess that's all for now...:)

Winker

Mar 3, 2003
Well I just fell in love with Arenas809 from reading his post on what attracts him to people.
;)

Personally I look for a genuine smile that reaches their eyes, a sense of humor and the ability to fit in with a large, boisterous and close knit family.

kukla

Mar 13, 2003
arenas you're my kind of guy.......:D :D

By the way, what is you're age??????:speechles

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
OK, Sandy, I've been asking for a picture of you for about a year or more now. Can I finally get it?????

I'll be in Miami for a couple days next week, you know... ;)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I think Arenas will have a few girls chasing him after that post! Arenas, you just reminded me of another reason I fell in love with my husband! He wanted our first date to be at the beach (WHAT??? Like in a BATHING SUIT??? YOU MUST BE JOKING!!!)...I turned him down, but he persisted...we talked until 5:00 AM on the beach that night...sigh... Even after I put on the baby weight, he still tells me that I am not overweight...he knows how self-conscious I am about it. So he says if I want to lose it, lose it for me, if it will make me feel better, just don't lose the a$$... well, I don't think he needs to worry about that, this a$$ has been hanging around for a long time, I can't lose it if I try! (the curse.?. of my mother...)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Now that's true love Trina. A man that loves you for you and not trying to make you change for someone they see on TV.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Thanks Anna, he's very sweet, I'm very lucky...then again, I guess he's pretty lucky, too...