AEROMAR will reduce summer flights

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Comparing to summer 2002, Aeromar Airlines will reduce its frequencies to JFK. During the highest period of July they will operate only 1 daily flight SDQ JFK on 767 and 1 daily STI JFK on 757 :confused:

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
More

Aeromar have plans to reduce flights in low-season from Pctober 2003 as follows:

Santo Domingo - Miami (4 weekly) 1-3-5-7 (B762)
Santo Domingo - NY JFK (4 weekly) 1-3-5-7 (B762)
Santiago - New York JFK (6 weekly) 1-34567 (B752)

Later will be posted new routes and changes

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Samana

Thinking that your price is almost the same as AA's for SDQ JFK I think it's gonna be very difficult to sell 4 times a week flight. When you have a carrier that offers 3-4 directly and like 10 connections, it is hard. People want to fly when they want, not when flights are available.

It seems that Aeromar is slowing down faster than we predicted here before.

M

Meng

they can do it again

Aviastar, they have done it before, and they will do it again... remember when they had the 727? (3 flights a week)?? This is just being pre-cautious with the whole situation....

Or maybe they want to control their cashflow?? Have you thought of that?? (open 1 flight daily now) and sell them, and then open another daily flight in about 2 months and sell the seats expensive when the demand is high?? Use your head people.....

Do not think of this being weakpoint from Aeromar's Part....

Dominicanoxp

Dec 19, 2002
meng good thinking the world economy is very bad and getting uglier. haciendo esto ellos dejan ir muchos empleados mecanicos etc... personal qeu cobra mucho cuarto pero ellos saben lo que hacen y tieen gent einteligente pensado que saben mas de esto que nosotrs

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
Meng,

I'm backing Aviastar on this one; it doesn't look good for BQ to cut frequencies to less-than-daily in the face of AA, CO, etc. I've ready study after study about consumer reaction to less-than-daily service in business or VFR markets, and I'd presume that is primarily BQ's mix.

Of course, this is when being big helps. BQ (I imagine) is locked into contracts with Icelandair and Air Atlanta for large-capacity, high-density aircraft. It's hard (and expensive) to get out of those contracts. Alternatively, AA or CO can switch a large aircraft to a smaller with relatively little pain and cost, though the closer in the higher the cost related to crew displacement, etc.

At any rate, I would assume BQ pours over advanced booking data regularly and should have seen this coming. At that point, the decision could have been to get out the larger capacity and figure out how to make it with fewer seats but daily flights.

In the end, frequencies may not - and are not - a sign of who is making more money. But, in the eye of the consumer it is clearly a sign of strength and/or commitment to a market, one which I am sure CO, US and AA will all capitalize on.

M

Meng

When Aeromar Said "double Operations"

aviastar said:
My point was to make clear another thing.

Aeromar said that they will double they operations in 2003, so how?>

When they said they will double their operations, they were not counting on war. People, you have to be realistic. Especially when dealing with Dominicans (superstitious individuals who believe the war will be the end of everything.)

Here it is: Aeromar is not going to double their Ops this year, this is a no-brainer. However, neither is any other airline in the World. They have other intentions. They are being very conservative for this summer, and not expecting a lot of traffic. They have a new focus with the 737, and have arranged everything to maintain a substancial service in the Market.

However, let me tell you something... Aeromar would indeed double if not more their OPS if this war were not going on. This I can Guarantee you. the low season (JAN-June 15) last year was actually profitable for Aeromar (And they did not even have 757/767 yet) all they had was a gas-guzzling 727 with no room for baggage, and they STILL made money. Yet, now that they have a widebody and an efficient 757, imagine if this season would have been like last years'?

Gentlemen, do not refer to Aeromar as being down and out... This is a setback, and we will prevail.