USA flag burning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Dont worry Jan

That was just OwnRules looking for attention again.Apparently he will do anything to generate a following.

Larry

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Its not just the single-toothed Dominican ignoramus who likes to burn the American flag....I watched the CBC (Canadian news channel) tonite and they showed plenty of those icebergs burning American and British flags.....not only that, but they booed the American anthem at the Motreal Canadiens hockey game.thank you, Canada.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
yup, and few idiots in Atlanta and Florida returned the favor of booing the Canadian national anthem. Don't let a few ignorant people in every country concern you. I watched all the Canadian news and didn't see any flag burning in Canada, but, maybe I missed it.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
why does it have to be always ian gnorant to be burning the american flag? So if they burn an Iraqi flag that makes them more civilized?
You folks should get out more to see what's the world's opinion on americans. When I say get out more, i don't mean that you go to a foreign country and mingle with resort workers or hookers who serve as your dominican guide in to the dominican culture. Almost the whole world is against this war and american foreign policies. The ones who have been whored into taking american side have a huge price tag. No one joined the american coalition without an asking price. Even the countries who approve american action, the vast majority of their people disagree with the war, ex: spain, england etc.
Now that american government has ignored UN's will and efforts expect more flag burnings and american bashing all over the world. You people are no better than the ignorant dominicans that you always talk about. You just don't see the big picture. How this will affect americans in the future? Every poor / weak country you attack will yield more hatred for you people and thus, will make your life more difficult, even in your own land. Just look at all the security precautions you have to take to board an airplane, walk into a stadium, etc etc. It will only get worse; good bye to your freedom, forever.

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
There were protests all over Canada yesterday and in front of one of the American Embassies...not sure if it was in Ottawa or Vancouver but someone lit a American Flag on fire and people from the protest were stepping on it.

The booing at the hockey game happened and now people here are now worried that not only are the people becoming Anti-American but so is our administration...a couple of our Members of Parliment calling americans assholes and the president a moron and now Canadians are not helping out(our best friends) in the war against Iraq.

I think, in general people are not against taking action against Iraq but rather disagree with the method that the Americans have decided to "save the world" without listening to World opinion and going ahead and starting this war without most of the World's consent.

Rosanie

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Sop the question still is...if I am somewhere when the people start burning flags and such..do you think I am in danger? I'm not pleased with USA right now. But I'm still american and always will be no matter now "Dominicanized" I get.
Also, I read that Americans got letters from the Embassy. What were these letters about? I didn't recieve anything.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Jan, if you had registered with the Consulate, then you would have gotten an email message passing on the advisory put out by the State Department regarding the possibility of increased terrorism outside the US against US interests. It was not specific for the DR, but a general notice for the entire world. If you want to see it, send me an email or PM with your email address and I will forward the one I got. You can register with the Consulate on line. I'll post the email address in a minute.

If you should be somewhere where a demonstration is, I don't think there is any danger in the DR. I would walk away, however, rather than get involved in a debate. At least that is what I will do if IL find myself in such a situation.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Jan, to register with the Consulate on line, go to http://www.usemb.gov.do/form.htm

This is what the US Embassy has to say on the subject:

"If you are going to be in the Dominican Republic for any extended period of time, please register with us. Registration is to your advantage in that it will enable us to locate you in case of an emergency, and helps keep us better informed of the number and location of American citizens in the event of a large-scale emergency. We are required by law to keep any information you give us completely confidential, and will release it only when authorized by you to do so.

If you currently reside in the Dominican Republic, you can register on this web site or in person at the Consular Section."

My wife and I are registered and think it is a good thing. Some others might not agree. But in event of emergency, or if there is some sort of family emergency and someone contacts the Embassy asking for help in communicating with me, they know I am here. For this reason we have always registered when we changed addresses.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
flag burning -- almost as mindless as flag waving

Jan, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I would be offended though. I believe it is a very offensive act which is disrespectful to all the people who live under that flag. I would like to think that it is not an action applauded by the majority of the demonstrators, or by the majority of Dominicans.

They are in disagreement with the government of the US, not its people. Anti-US political sentiments are never expressed on the personal level I am sure.

Chiri

Status
Not open for further replies.