Long Distance relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raquel

Feb 1, 2003
long distance relationships with Dominican anyone?

Is anyone else out there having a long distance relationhship with a dominican male??
I need some advice!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Exercise some caution

Raquel,

each situation is different. Yours may be genuine and have a happy ending. BUT it does sound like you ought to be hearing some warning bells.

Some useful advice can be found in the following threads:

Are you dating a DDD?

Hillbilly's 3 rules

Chiri

(edited to correct links)

Last edited:

cosmicjo

Feb 28, 2003
raquel

all is would say is go in with your eyes open

email me please as these boards go on and on and all you will hera is negative points

latinarubia

Mar 6, 2003
I'm just keeping in touch with one, I'm not going to look at it like a relationship thing for now. Raquel, just follow ur sinstincts corazon..with love there's always a risk of getting hurt no matter who it is or where he's from.

There are assholes all over the world, u just need to filter through all the crap first, in the mean time DTA...don't trust anybody

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
May I make a suggestion? Part II...

How about a "Sankie Gallery"?

All of the girls/boys that have met one of these famous STW and have pictures of them and with them, could post them here.

That way it would be easy for new visitors to the DR to compare "notes" on their "love" interests!

I have a couple of pictures I could share with all of you right now!!!

Not that I have any kind of relationship with any of them, but I know they are "professionals"!!!

Want to see?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I thought of that once. But remember there's always some idiot out there that will say" Yes I know him/her. They did this or that. Some could get hurt for nada. And I'm not sure if Robert would put up pictures of people without their permission. You know, the whole legal thingy.

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Yes, Anna...

That's why I suggested pictures taken by us WITH them, we don't have to identified them...and people could just believe what they want...

About getting hurt...don't you think they are getting hurt just the same? With or without pictures?

Just a suggestion...

My pictures are still up on worldisround...anybody could just click there and see for themselves...

Thank you, Ms. Moderator...;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The part I was worried about is if people say things that aren't true. You know how many sock puppets we get. Have you ever noticed in the media gallery that when someone posts a picture of themselves and a Dominican in that picture it will end up getting the most hits on it. LOL.
Except for Theresa that is. She's worth looking at all by herself.;)

Darn fingers. LOL

Last edited:

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
:) thanks anna..I posted those almost a year ago. Will have to send in an updated version. I've gotten some nice comments then again so not so nice comments from fellow DR1 women. But all in all I guess i can't take back what's already done..how do they say in French...cest la vie

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Hey Theresa! Where have you been! Don't let the negative get to you. Be proud, be yourself, and never worry about petty jealousies.

I like MQ's idea......what if it's photos only that way sob stories would be avoided. Sometimes opening someone's eyes can be a bit painful.....for them of course. I think it would be a laugh to see how many we recognize from the resorts and discos.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Does this mean PIB shouldn't have posted that

picture in the "Curry Lovers" thread????
The one she took of the two sankis
"in their natural habitat"![unquote].
And to think she's a moderator on this board!!!!;)

cosmicjo

Feb 28, 2003
in love with a dominican!!

well many people have seen my postings on the subject and I have been slammed at every opportunity, well not no more as don't think I will be going back to the dr and pursuing my life with a dominican

I wish everyone luck who has found love in the dominican, all I would say is don't let your heart rule your head and if you go in open minded no doubt it will turn out okay

i am still interested to hear from people and would be happy to answer any questions or queries people may have on the subject

isn't it funny how we read all these threads and some of the things we take to heart from people we don't even know and the way I have been slammed don't really want to know them

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Can you briefly tell us what has changed your mind? You don't have to if you don't want to. I hope it wasn't only what people here on this board say but if you connected something said here with your situation and now you see it in a different light then I would be happy to hear that it helped you to make a decision.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Probably everything that everyone told her which of course she perceived as slamming was 100% true and she got taken for the ride of her life. She probably blames the people that were trying to set her straight.

Just all a guess of course but I would wager close to home.

cosmicjo

Feb 28, 2003
love in the dominican

anna

to be honest if I never listen to my friends and family then why would I listen to people on this board, not get me wrong I do take what people say but actually following what they say or taking the advice is another thing

it is me that made the decision although it is early days and I may end up going back just need some time and space on my own to think what I want and have also things in England to deal with at the moment

thanks for asking ....

cosmicjo

Feb 28, 2003
i dont appreciate Jazz whoever you are replies, you don't me and never well so don't try and figure out what went wrong cos he hadn't to do with what my dominican boyfriend did it was what happened in england that made me realise my life is here and I have to stay here until things improve

cosmicjo

Feb 28, 2003
copy of message that I posted on the living section

i would just like to put the record straight that it had nothing to do with what I read on this thread about going to the DR, it was circumstances in England that prevailed me from going back to the DR

I totally disagree with the last comment that us girls need our eyes opening, i am sure some people do but if people go in with their eyes open in the first place, they shouldn't get hurt, being with a bloke anywhere in the world is a struggle let alone when they are million miles away

i resent the posting that HB put about me shagging an anamacion guy, so what if I was, but would like to put the record straight that I did not go over that just for that and I am sure many other girls just don't go over there for that and do go over cos they love the country, culture and people

i wish I could go back as I will miss going back every few months, obviously miss the guy I was with, and also the people who have become my friends in the last three and a bit years

anyway I wish everyone luck who decides to move to the DR and for all those girls out there dont let your heart rule your head and if you go in with your eyes open then you'll be fine, only you can tell if it is right and don't let the bullies on this board grind you down!!

katty

Mar 14, 2003
Re: long distance relationships with Dominican anyone?

Raquel said:
Is anyone else out there having a long distance relationhship with a dominican male??
I need some advice!
well i say follow your heart, I am doing just that right now but keep a level head

Status
Not open for further replies.