For Kids: Baseball Pants

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
A friend who coaches baseball in Foxboro Massachusetts wrote to tell me that his town/city league had switched the colors of their uniforms and he had 6 cases of (white) baseball pants.

Apparently, many still have the tags on them so I'm assuming they are in good shape.

I'd certainly like to see them go to good use here somewhere, however I can't do this myself.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know of a good outlet to get these distributed? Some contact person(s) that are reputable (no reselling, they go to kids - not Codetel's Softball Team) and able to handle this amount.

2. A way to get them here that's feasible, economical and sensical?

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Wow, what a great idea, Cleef.

Kepp me informed as to how I can help if at all. I will be driving up to Maine on Thursday and back through on Monday, but if I picked them up I am not sure how much I could fit in my luggage allotment.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I could definently put them to use with some kids in the DR, that I know in teams, however I have no clue how I would get them. If you want to talk or need some other ideas, please drop me a line.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Get in touch with Luis Mercedes

He runs a league in Santo Domingo and he probably has the contacts to get them in the country for free. AND he has the contacts in the gov't to avoid too much payola, methinks.

Otherwise you are facing major headaches....

Maybe D has a friend in the Sports Ministry??

HB

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
More info

About 200 pair, ages 6-14, all in very good condition, 30 or so are new.