About Graphics Jobs

Astral

Mar 13, 2003
Hi there,

I'm graphic designer, for print stuff and web. I'd like to move in DR.
Is somebody think I could work there in this Job.

My Idee is to do something in the tourism (like a lot of people, I know) and in waiting to find what exactly, work in that job of graphism.

Every suggestion is welcome. Thanx

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The first thing you will notice here is the rates and the amount of people doing graphic design. Much lower than in the US and lots of kids designing. You are better off freelancing, building up a name than trying to get employed. Saying that, initially you will not get work on your ability, it will be purely on who you know and who introduced you.

At DR1 we still use US based companies for any large client website designs we are involved in. The quality of the work is better and conceptually they are often more in tune with ours and our clients needs.

As Rafael says, do you have a portfolio?

Astral

Mar 13, 2003
Hi everybody
Thanks for you answer.

I live in France actually, you can go to see some of my site "in french".

I released for those one, principally the graphism and dome HTML page
www.clubdial.fr
www.musicandfilm.fr
www.planetrockstore.com

for this one I did HTML too
www.noizymag.com

I know Flash too and a little bit of Javascript.

For my print job, I have unfortunately nothing to show on the web. I do picture too but nothing editing in the web, just some in the site : www.sdpo.com but they regulary put out my picture cause I were photographer for them 4 years ago, so they put new one every year from new photographer...

And I want to work in free-lance way, cause I really want to do something in the Tourism Business

Thanks.