JFK to EWR ?????

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Anyone know how long the transfer would take approx.?
Also are there shuttles or bus transfers available?
If not what would cab fare be approx.?

Thanx in advance for all help!!

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Cab fare will be approx $150.00

...the transfer should take about 1 hr fifteen minutes with no traffic.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
MommC said:
Anyone know how long the transfer would take approx.?
Also are there shuttles or bus transfers available?
If not what would cab fare be approx.?

Thanx in advance for all help!!

Here's a link from the Port Authority - there are shuttles JFK to EWR:

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/connfram.HTM

The Princeton Airporter is $22. I would doubt the $150 cab fare as well - I think they are on flat rate to Manhattan and that is around $30 so you could go taxi to Manhattan and then to EWR and I doubt a taxi is $120 to EWR from midtown.

Aha - reading the very site:

The Port Authority says :

Taxi (Metered)
Go to Uniformed Taxi Dispatcher
$65-$70 + tolls (Includes $10 surcharge.) On demand
75 - 90 minutes

Heed the with no traffic comment - which is NEVER (maybe 3 a.m.) - I took the JFK to LGA shuttle on a Sunday and it took over 90 minutes 30 of which was shuttling around JFK and then the traffic, oy vey, horrible. Last time I ever do the SDQ to Toronto trip via JAK/LGA ever.

All the way to EWR God only knows.

P.S. It is a flat rate EWR to JFK of $60 plus tolls.

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
jfk to ewr

JFK to Newark Airport..... I havent taken a trip like that, but I doubt it will be $120.00 USD. or $150.00 US. I think you will pay btwn $60- $75.00 .

I am in NY and of course just like anywhere else you would go, if they see your from out of town and have no clue as to what youshould pay, then they'll max you out of your money.

At what time are coming in to NY? Maybe you have a private taxi pick you up at the airport. I know some taxi services all you have to do is call them the day before and they will tell you how much they willcharge you (flat fee) . Le me know if you need my help . I'll call them for you . save you a long distance phone call;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks all.....!

Will do lindalyn if I need to. Gotta get PapaTony home to be at work on the 21st but I might just stay......
Home town got 40 cm of snow today.......
Way too much for me!!:)

Just seeing what avenues are available if I can't get a direct charter flight to Canada to have mi amor home by the date needed.

Thanks again and will be in touch if we decide to go this route!!

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Re: Super shuttle

I just used Super Shuttle from JFK to Manhattan. The problem is that it's like a carro publico in that it doesn't leave the airport until it's full. But then, it's worse because it brings passengers to their hotels in NYC and you are stuck making the stops.

Try New York Express--a bus that goes from across 42nd street from Grand Central Station to JFK. Much more "plannable". I do not know if they go from that hub to EWR, but most likely they do. If not try Port of New York Authority bus terminal website for full info.

kukla

Mar 13, 2003
I did the EWR-JFK route a couple of times. The New York Express is a good one that also goes from Grand Central to EWR. You have to change buses at the hub across from Grand Central.

Either that or go from JFK to the Port Authority and change there.

There is one catch if you come in late. The services do not run after around 10 pm anymore. I got stuck at Grand Central the last time coming from EWR and had to take a taxi. Cost about US 40.

With the bus incl. the change at the busstop it will take you about 1,5 hour.

good luck

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks Kukla!

Sounds like the way to go - if I have to go that way and flight times work out!
Muchas gracias a todo!!

Hopefully this information will be of use to others also! :)

I'm always looking for alternative routes home. Got "stuck" here once so I prefer to be "informed"!

Thanks again to everyone who responded......

JRSYCOLL

Mar 10, 2003
I don't know where you are located...in the City?? etc... If you are in the City..there is a NJ Transit train outta Penn Station that goes to a brand new stop at Newark airport. It's the NJ Coast line, and it goes from Penn to Bay Head. Once you get off the train, there is a shuttle/monorail that takes ya right to your gate Check out NJTRANSIT.com for info.