Ocean Park at Cofresi

gary80vette

Apr 8, 2003
Hi

Is the Ocean Park (sea World) at Cofresi open to the public yet?

If so, does it have a website or does anyone have details about it, please.

Thanks for any help.

Gary

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Gary,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

Ocean World opened partially in February in Cofresi. Initially it was opened to the guests from only a few hotels but I think it is opened to more now. Various parts of the park will open between now and the Fall when all the park should be up and running.

The website is http://www.ocean-world.info/

Good luck.

Gregg

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Trina,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

The following is from an e-mail which I received in late January. I have since heard that they did in fact open but I cannot confirm whether they are on schedule as per the e-mail. I also heard (not confirmed) that swimming with the dolphins might be very expensive. I hope to tour their facilities later this month.

We are opening the dolphin programs to the public on February 14th. We are currently finishing up training with complimentary swims for local hotel and tour operators. The sea lion encounter will be open in March. The snorkel reef in April. The rest of the park will not be finished until late summer.

The web-site address is www.ocean-world.info but the site is under construction and wont be done for a little while.

If I am able to see their operation when I am in the D.R. April 20 - May 4; I will post info on my return.

Gregg

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The Dolphin Swim and Encounter programs have received very good reviews. The Sea Lion Encounter will start April 15th, and due to some technical problems, the Snorkel Reef will not open in May as planned but probably early summer.

You can call (809) 291-1000 or (809) 291-1111 for reservations.

Please be advised that the web site is under construction and some information not current or incorrect.

gary80vette

Apr 8, 2003
Hi guys

Thanks very much for the information. We are going to be in Sosua 19th May to 2nd June and it will be great if we can get to swim with dolphins.

Cheers

Gary