How reliable is Aeromar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
I want to take a group on a trip MIA-SDQ in November. I am a bit leery of Aeromar. Should I be?

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
well orlando , i personally have never tried Aeromar, but a cousin of mine did and she did not have a good experience with them....but in part it was her fault ...i think. from what i hear they are ok.... but you need to confirm a day or two before you fly because i believe they do not assign seats until you are at the airport. so confirming is very important with them...........from what i have heard....but other wise they are ok.

her plane was overbooked and she was stranded in DR and had to buy a very expensive AA ticket back home:confused: someone else with more knowledge can help you.... good luck!

Last edited:

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Aeromar is ok to fly for MIA SDQ MIA, they delay sometimes, the timetable MIA SDQ is not very comfortable, flight arrives at 11:59PM. Service is average, nothing unsual. What do you need for 2 hours flight, just sit and relax. But it is too early to talk about November, nobody knows what timetable they will have and how they will fly. Now they use B 767-200, they don't operate daily services, only 4 times a week. In November Queen Air will fly SDQ MIA, so things can change.

M

Meng

Definitely Try it

Orlando, I have flow on many ocasions to Jfk, and Miami from Santo Domingo on Aeromar. I have not had a single problem. In all but one ocasion I purchased their upgrade (the seats are really comfortable) and the service was 100% Dominican. I highly recommend you giving them a shot.... If you want to fly for next november, then you should be able to find attractive prices now....

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
What i belivie is that Aeromar need to start talking to other Major carrier to start a Ticketing agreement in case Aeromar Flight is oversales..so they can use FIM (flight Interupction Manifest), so they can protect pax with AA or USair....so in that case pax will able to get Home with other Carrier even using the same ticket endorse to the Other carrier's.

All major Airlines have always oversales flight's...but u have Options to protect pax with the other carriers.

I never been on Aeromar Airplane...but i have few friend ther will keep using Aeromar as long they get a good Ticket Price.

Orlando please after Flying Aeromar...please talk to us about your experience.

I guess by november Aeromar maybe operating everyday with a 767...

M

Meng

HAHAHA Im a student in COLLEGE!!

I know Aeromar's webmaster, and I happen to help him once in a while with their Webpage... I do not work for Aeromar, I have not even gotten my degree yet....

Where do you get your information??

HAHA, "work for aeromar" give me a break.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Meng

Aviastar you need to listen to Meng he is wath he is.

Meng... olle tu no apura con el website voy llamar al la ofecina aver si van reglar mucha cosas entro de Aeromar website porque es bonito el web pero informacion no es up to date.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
El web de Aeromar no es bonito, estamos en el siglo XXI. Por favor. Chequea por ejeplo el web de Copa Airlines, o de Air Santo Domingo.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
when are they setting up an online reservation system?

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Friday 11th

SDQ MIA SDQ Aeromar's flight was delayed for 4 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great company, they can't fly ontime to MIA.

They have a problem with this flight, the plane (767) must depart in the morning to JFK then it comes back to SDQ and depart at once to MIA, so now you know!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Aviastar,

That is why I only fly American. I can't risk a 4 hour delay. Why is it that Samana1 praises Aeromar so much?

M

Meng

it being family related has very little to do with it

Yes, I agree, the lack of millions of dollars that fund airlines all over the world can be "a good thing." However, we know that even the big boys have problems. I know FOR A FACT, that Aeromar has had a pretty respectable Ontime performance for quite some time.

A four hour delay happens. Yet, it is not something that is as common as Aviaster portrays it to be.

Aviastar, you mention Aeromar as if they have delay problems EVERY SINGLE DAY..... you even created a separate thread just to mention 1 particular delay that i dont know if it is even true. i mean, why should I believe you, considering you went as far as to accuse the Polancos of being money-launderers.

One delay is not going to tarnish Aeromars reputation. like many of us say in this forum, stop attacking, and be constructive... You want the dominican Aviation to succeed? Well, dont sling mud at Aeromar... post in this forum the ways in which you think they could be better.

Because after all..... AEROMAR is the only DOMINICAN carrier who is representing the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC in any considerable fashion. Not Lan Dominicana, Not Aerocontinente and surely NOT AIR SANTO DOMINGO (at least not as much as Aeromar). Then again, this is just my opinion.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
meng...

Most of the folks I speak to here in the NY tristate area that fly aeromar always talk bad about the airline. I fly about 5 to 6 times a year with AA and I never experience delay. Do you think that this is a luck thing?

M

Meng

Could very well be luck

As you can say that you have spoken to people that say Aeromar has done a poor job, I can say the Same for American. Please understand that im not trying to "put down" your comment, because it may very well be true. But it may be a matter of luck, because I have spoken to people (and this is a fact by the way) that have stopped flying with American due to baggage problems, and service. (this of course referring to the flight attendants, and any other mishaps.

I do know for a fact that Aeromar is, and has been going through changes. I think you should speak to people who have recently flown with Aeromar. Maybe here what they had to say.

AGain, im not trying to bash your comments, unlike other people in this FORUM like Aviastar.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
meng

Samana1 already stated he has family connections with Aeromar, so it would only be obvious that he defends his airline so much due to that family link. If you know that Aeromar is very punctual by fact, please post the facts. On time arrival and departures for the last year. I don't fly aeromar for a lot of reasons, they don't fly from where I live, they don't have any codeshare agreements, they don't fly daily, they only have one flight, they don't have backup airplanes, etc. I pay premium prices when I fly on business, and I'm not willing to pay premium prices on Aeromar because it is just not worth it.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
AA is a more established airline with a bigger fleet. Aeromar is starting out and hopefully they will make positive changes.

Most people I know will rather pay more and fly AA. As of now, AA is more estalished and offers better rates.

As Aeromar continues to grow and change in a posistive way, maybe they will get more competitive. They really need to hire an outside Executive with a lot of experience to give them some more guidance and help them expand.

You guys want an example, think Jetblue.

Status
Not open for further replies.