less $$$ in Bayahibe

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
??

i am just asking for assistance or information.

people like me to this board thinking there will be people here to help them. some of the comments i have received mean and unwarranted.

thanks for making a newcomer feel like she should not have even bothered.

Lore

Mar 9, 2003
Hey girl - make him come to you. Stay somewhere a little "inconvenient" and see how much it means to him to go out of his way to see you and be with you. Also it provides him the opportunity to offer to bring you to his place, if he doesn't even offer maybe there is a reason. But, at least if he does you will know that he wanted it, not that you had to ask. If someone is sincere about someone else they share everything good and bad. In the end, I agree with, you find a place where you can still have some "you" time and see how he plays his cards.

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
locale

i am staying on my own for two reasons....

fist because mi novio lives on the hotel grounds and they are not allowed to have girlfriends stay with them, only wives. it's also forbidden for them to have relacciones con las turistas. one of the animaccion guys at his hotel was just fired for this!

second because our relationship is muy recente and if i need my own space i will still be comfortable ;).

anita

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
SOMETIMES THE BOARD SEEMS HARD ON PEOPLE, JUST GIVE IT BACK LIKE YOU DID . I THINK THEY JUST WANT TO SEE IF THEY CAN F--- WITH YOU.

HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE TIME.

JUDY

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Recently was out in Bayahibe and spent an evening at the Llave del Mar hotel, first hotel you come to right on the main road. We took three rooms on the back side of the second floor, all of which were clean. We had a firm enough bed. The water was on and off but seemed to be a workable convenience. Also, you have to not mind the rooster who starts waking people up at around 5 am.

The rate was RD$350 for a room with a private bath and fan/no a-c or TV. The room with TV and AC was RD$550. Probably you could negotiate less if you stayed longer.

There are another three hotels in Bayahibe on the same street that you can check out. They go for about the same price.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I must agree with Dolores!

Llave del Mar is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced.
You'll enjoy the town of Bayahibe and do get to know some of the locals while you're there.
It's a quaint, friendly little village and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Remember the "good" and "bad" you've read on the board and take the time to get to know your friend as a friend.
Read the True Friends-True Love thread I recently posted! Good advice for anyone, anywhere, in any situation!!

Have fun!

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
gracias

Thanks everyone!

I will check out the main street and ask for Llave del Mar. Hopefully i won't be too crowded for Santa Semana.
I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I'll post when I get back.

:)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you do not already have your reservation, it is unlikely you will find a place to stay in Bayahibe for Easter. The hotels should all be fully booked. You need to think of some alternate accommodations in a non-touristic area.