recent weather

JRSYCOLL

Mar 10, 2003
HELP!!!! I know a lot of the people posting to this live in the DR. I will be arriving April 20 for 8 days. I have been looking at weather.com for reports, and according to THAT report..you've had all rain!!!! Never having been there before..( can't wait though) is your rain just showers and sun..or is it steady rain. I would deeply appreciate any and all answers , so that I can pack, and plan, ( day trips) accordingly. This is a great board and you have all been extremely helpful THANKS

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Weather should be good.

We have had very little rain during past months. There was a rainy week in January in Sosua/Puerto Plata area, but not in rest of country. A week ago we had 3 or 4 rainy days throughout the country which were very welcome because of the drought most places.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
On the south coast Rain has been at night!!

Great for cooling things down after bedtime (it's been 3AM or later that it's rained!).

Days have been great - just a little more humid than normal.

JRSYCOLL

Mar 10, 2003
Thanks Greg

Greg...thanks so much for the clarification on my query...DUH!!!! I didn't even think about the weather being different in different areas!!! I appreciate your time (9) days and counting......

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
JRSYCOLL

I ALWAYS CARRY A POCKET RAIN COAT THAT YOU CAN GET AT A DOLLAR STORE. NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO US IT IN THE PAST FIVE TRIPS.

WISH I WAS GOING IN YOUR PLACE, SO ENJOY!!

JUDY