Dress code in club/disco

harold10

Feb 12, 2003
what's the dress code for the clubs or discos in and around sosua, puerto plata, and caberete?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Dress code....

My experience has been there is very little dress code! It will depend on where you go of course. Some clubs attached to resorts attempt to have one but basically anything goes! The discos that cater to tourists allow almost anything. The "car wash" is open air and again almost anything goes.

If you want to know more just let me know.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Dress code....

My experience has been there is very little dress code! It will depend on where you go of course. Some clubs attached to resorts attempt to have one but basically anything goes! The discos that cater to tourists allow almost anything. The "car wash" is open air and again almost anything goes.

If you want to know more just let me know.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
In touristy area, you can wear almost anything. I like to dress casually with docker type/casual pants/or nice pair of blue jeans and a nice shirt(polo type or some type of button up shirt). I have seen tourists wearing the shorts and silly looking tourist types of shirts but why dress down and maybe stand out like a fool. Whatever is comfortable I guess, but I wear the same type of clothes in the DR as I would in an average club in the US.
dale7(howard)

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
White polyester single-breasted jacket and white slacks with black "Champs de Baron" shirts is acceptable. And don't forget to accesorize: add 4-5 gold chains that show the Dominican coat of arms and our patron saint, and display a couple of pinky rings as well. Also, leisure suits with two-tone slip-ons and no socks is the latest rage. Make sure you part your hair down the middle.

Now, as soon as you pick up a babe, tell her you raise hamsters in your spare time and work in the produce section at Publix (or La Sirena).

Have fun, and, please.........let me know how it goes.

-Indie

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
When a couple and I tried to enter a disco at the Playa Dorado Complex, the man was told he could not come in as he had shorts on. So it might be a good idea to call ahead if you decide to dress casually.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Too funny

Indie ---- you are too funny. Hey please, if you see that guy dressed like that -- hold him for me will you.... I'll be down mid May -- just my kind of guy - wooo hoooo.

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Hey, planner....

Even funnier is the fact that I have seen this guy. Don't worry, he's all yours.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Now I'm afraid

Unfortunately I have seen his as well. He gets around - he's been in Canada too.....

Someone just shoot these guys and put them out of their misery.....

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Just think of it as target practice Indie!!!

Okay, you may have a point. It is fun to watch these guys operate.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If it's Guacara Taino in Santo Domingo.....

ya better wear casual pants for guys and a skirt/blouse or dress for women. Otherwise they won't let you in.
Most resort discos allow shorts but off site discos would prefer long pants......