AMR May File for Bankruptcy Even With Wage Deals

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yeah i remember Pan am....merge employees with DL...but those were different time......but you never know......Usair may buy AA...

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
bankruptcy

Doesn't mean that they are going to cease operations. TWA went bankrupt three times before being bought by AA. Continental went into bankrupt twice and look where it is today. Bankrupt is never good for any airline, the DR will suffer if AA goes bankrupt, tourism will be down, loss of jobs, income down, etc. AA has almost 70 daily operations in/out of DR. Multiply the economy effect of all those flights if they would liquidate.

Usair just got out of bankruptcy, United is struggling to get back from it, and in the case AA would file for, they had always maintained a good business plan, so I don't see AMR liquidating in the near future.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
GRS...wo said that AA will stop operation????....ionly said that theymay file for Bankrupcy...even with unions wage deals...

La cosa no esta bien.....seguimos perdiendo $$$$ yel seguro anti terorista...subio el triple.

Lets hope that the goverment will paid now for the security.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
I was referring to the thread in general that were comparing Pan Am when it ceased operations. And it looks that AA is going to file bankruptcy next week..