Latinas

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
I know there have been a lot of discussions, and there are different view points on "race" and love. I agree that as long as two people love each other then skin color doesn't matter. But we all know that there are cultural differences and the such. My question is to all those Latinas/Dominicanas, and the guys in relationships with them.
What is the key/secret to keep or "love" a latina?

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Negrolindo

First off, love and skin color shouldn't be a factor. Physically I am attracted more so to the darker colored skin and features and that factors in the women I choose to date. I just happened to find a dominicana that I relate to, we get along great, and we have a son together. I love my son and I realize I do love her. Scary thoughts for me but it was not love at first sight. My relationships with women always were based on lust at first sight and then personality and inner qualities came later. I can't say that I have a permanent relationship with her because she isn't here in the US yet but I will find out what life will bring us. I have found dominicanas in comparisons to caucasian women in my experience, very passionate in emotions and in the bedroom. She is more of a homebody, loves to cook, with extremely close ties to her family which is a little different in the US. I have met her godparents, 2nd cousins, etc and in the US there are 2nd cousins I have never met. She is quick with emotions whether it is anger, a smile, but she always gets over it quickly and doesn't brood about things as long as other cultures, for example with holding sex. She seems to be more forgiving and affectionate than N.American women and quite often easily amused, it doesn't take much to make her smile and laugh at silly things that N. American women would just shake their head at and would call stupid. These are my experiences but their are always exceptions to every rule and I have found that my fiance is much different in a great way than the North American women I have had a relationship with. There is no keeping or secret to maintaining a relationship with them as with other women, show them love, listen to them, and respect their feelings, etc. I don't know if this was what you were looking for but this is what I am saying.
dale7(Howard)

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Ok...

...for me all it takes is someone who is sincere, all the time, no lies whatsoever...

and that really knows what to do behind closed doors...

Just that simple!

I have to admit that I have yet to date an "anglo"...someone born and raised in the US but not of hispanic origin...and yes, I tend to like 'tall, dark and handsome' (although I can do without the tall and the handsome...) ;)

Can't tell you yet about the differences because like I said I've not dated anyone other than Latinos so far...but I'm very open minded!!!

;););)

Last edited:

arenas809

May 22, 2002
The key to keeping a latina/o, is the same key it takes to keep anyone else, people are people, why should it be different whether the person is green, purple, or blue?

I will say this, if you are dating someone that is not of the same culture you are, respect their cultures, their familes, etc. because that's all they know. Doesn't mean you have to forget yours and adapt completely to theirs, but don't try to change them into you, let them be themselves, accept them for who they are, not for what you want them to be.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Excellent advice arenas......

I've found latinas/latinos to be much more openly passionate about life,living and love than North Americans and I include Italians,Spaniards and Greeks, Portugese in my definition of latina/latino.
They're not afraid to live life, love life, live love and love loving (if you get my drift!).
Emotional displays come more easy to them and they tend not to be "hung up" as much as North American/caucasians.

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
good opinions folks, thanks for sharing. I didn't present the question because I'm looking for answers, just opinions and view points. My Puerto Rican "sister" and I had a discussion about it the other day and I just wanted to see what some of you had to say about it.