The Winter That Would Not Die

OttawaTom

Dec 15, 2002
The weather forecast is calling for 5-10 cm of snow tonight and tomorrow, with wind gusts up to 50 kmh.

Arrrgghhh! Enough!!! :cry:

Ever hear that Jimmy Buffett song "Manana":

"It's so goddamn cold it's gonna snow until June". I think it's possible....

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
The weather in Toronto was actually better than in Juan Dolio

on Friday when we came back albeit a touch cooler but still balmy enough for us.
Today it's snowing.......wahhaaaaaa!! I wanna go home to Juan Dolio!!!!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Same here in NY. It's freaking chilly. To think that last year around this time we were wearing shot sleeve shirts.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Weather Channel on dominican Cable

is showing that Syracuse will have snow tonight! AHHHHhhh, isn't that breeze just wonderful?

Gotta love it..even if you hate it at times....I'll bet Jazz is happy to be here!

HB

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
TOM

SO sad about your sorry weather....but it's about time that Winnipeg wasen't the coldest place in CANADA .

It's been a great few days .... I'm ready to tan again!! lol

KEEP WARM TOM

JUDY

OttawaTom

Dec 15, 2002
Jimmy Buffett and DR

Tony C

I do remember when Buffett was good, although I'd still jump at tickets to his shows because he plays mostly the old stuff.

Too bad there's never been a reference to the DR in any of Jimmy's songs, at least that I'm aware of. Lots of other islands, but not DR. I wonder if he knows what he's missing! :cool:

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Read his books

There is a reference to Puerto Plata in Where is Joe Merchant in which Joe picks up 2 hookers in a speed boat and promises to take them to Miami.:bandit: :bandit: See AZB PP hos are even famous in literature.
J.H.:cool:

Last edited:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
One of my foundest memories of the DR is the many times me and my buddies celebrated "Sunrise Services" at Drakes Pub in the Zona Colonial. The owner John, always knew to play "Banana Republic" at that time.