It seems that AA will be gone sooner than we imagine

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
AA is in about to go to its funeral, they will have to do some miracles, it is difficult but they can't keep flying and lose money, it's better not to fly.

It seems that the future of aviation is gonna be like SOUTHWEST and JETBLUE carriers. AA must be restructured or eliminated. History repeats, PANAM, SWISS, Canadian International, Sabena and many others ....

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
What a shame Aviastar. What a shame. AA IS my favorite airline. I guess I better use up those miles soon then. hehehehe :cool:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I have to disagree...

if they file chap 11, they will reorganize and start fresh

that should buy them a couple of years. the economy has to pick up though or then they will be gone for sure

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
El Tigre, actually I am upset that AA is in a bad shape, but the reality is not that good, so that's why. I hope under Chapter 11 they will reorganize.

rbazan

Apr 5, 2002
US Airways just came out of chapter 11. Hope they keep on flying to DR............

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
AMR

The Board of Directors for American Airlines have just accepted the resignation of the airline CEO Don Carty. In other news, American Airlines will file for bankruptcy tomorrow morning in New York.