Hot destinations!?

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Atlanta - Santo Domingo operated by ...

Atlanta - Santo Domingo operated by Delta?

Hot destinations but no airline fly it (non-stop flights).

Orlando (Int) - Santo Domingo
Atlanta - Santo Domingo
Washington - Santo Domingo
Mexico City / Cancun - Santo Domingo (only 2 a week)
Roma/Milan - Santo Domingo
New Orleans - Santo Domingo
Chicago ORD - Santo Domingo
San Jose - Santo Domingo

or im wrong who can help me?

Last edited:

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Samana.....they are some Charter from ATL to LRM,PUJ with Vacation Express b-737-800.

Also AA ATLMIASDQ or US ATLPHLSDQ......remember ATL was the bussies airport of the world.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Samana en donde viste eso???

Maybe is Vacation Express airlines they been operate non-stop charter fly from ATL-RD and maybe MSY-RD.

Interesante....verdad.....que sera???

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
There is no need to fly to ATL, no demand at all, and Delta's hub in ATL is useless for DOM, actually our only direct market is SJU, MIA, NYC and BOS. MCO is a temporary and has a small demand. And remember that AA is here, so they will use their hub in MIA and SJU, in case if DL would be our "AA" here they could fly to ATL and then use it for connections. If AA will abandon tomorrow DOM then there is gonna be a need to fly to MEX, WAS and other cities.

Charter flights are other things, they are always where tourists want to fly.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
but a bet if any carrier serve the market atldom...will be a 70% load factor..there is a big population of domnican people in atl,tn.al, and north FL.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Big enough to sell 200 seats per day to ATL? Well, let's see statistics, where people from SDQ are headed, I mean their final destinations after all connections.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
But also remember that a lot of people fly through Miami for connections. ATL has market, for example, you can fly to Asia, Europe, Latin America and North America via Atlanta. Miami doesn't have that many routes as ATL, and JFK is way too far north. Plus, you have a big dominican population in northern florida and georgia which will use ATL as an O&D destination. There are O&D Statistics for that market but they are really, I mean really expensive (000's). Delta has access to it, so they know probably more than us, on why they are not starting flights.

Latino, Does Vacation Express flies the -800 series? I though they only had the -300 series.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Time

Maybe is to expensiv for this time to promote new routes.

Thats right the most traffic os on ATL and everybody can fly in to Atlanta for a connection to all other destinations. It would be nice as Delta start this flights but i have heard from some people that Delta Airlines will come to the DR on the next routes, ATL-SDQ and JFK-SDQ to begin with B757, but this are rumours.

I cannot understand that Continental Airlines doesnt have flights from Miami to Santo Domingo, they have some flights in Miami to Caribbean destinations.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Apple Vacations..

has packages from ATL to PUJ

I am not sure what charter they use for that though. I know they don't use their USA3000.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I bet Delta is studying RD routes via CO airlines (now that they have a code-share agreement). ATL is a very precious hub for DR to connect to the rest of USA and to europe. DL has non stop flights from atl to europe and to south america with greater frequency than many carriers (Europe) then from the paris hub they can connect to the rest of the countries.
I just don't get it, DL has flights to central america like salvador, guatemala etc yet no flights to DR? Bogota flight is hardly ever full. I wonder how many people actually fly to san salvador from atlanta? On the other hand, I know for a fact that there is a huge dominican community in atlanta area and also in the surrounding cities and states. These are professional dominicans with good jobs who can fly regularly to DR without having to save up money during the whole year to see the family.
Now that DL has a codeshare agreement with CO they will study the route and I bet they will start their own service as soon as they would have a plane available and when the demand is sufficient.
Delta has one of the best service and the best maintained planes in the airline industry. They really treat their customers like royalties.
DL all the way!!!!!

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AZb..Delta still intersting ti fly to DR from atl hub...they were supposed to start services on may 2002...but because of 911.....they drops plans.

Azb atl sal and guatemala always full..and you can see salvadorenos fly every 2 weeks to bring queso and pupusa and also they do bussines...yeah they sell space on they luggage to tranport stuff from other people..even a lots of $$$$$.
Delta and delta connections asa/comair has more than 900 departure flights daily.

Also UAL was planning the same thinz..to operate ORDSDQ....because ORD also has a community of DR people. and also so manys dominican working for UAL at o'hare.

Delta tecnology were down in SDQ checking for computer sofware intallations.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Sam, if guatemala & salvador flights are full then what is keeping them from operating ATL_SDQ route? I mean, I have never met a single person from either of the 2 countries in atlanta area in 8 years yet their flights are full. Maybe DL is bringing them from NYC and miami to ship them to the following locations. On the other hand, I have met a ton of dominicans from atlanta and the near-by states and yet DL doesn't even have the immediate plans to start to SDQ? Please explain that to me.

What really sucks is that DL-CO codeshare doesn't allow family and friends to travel at discount rates (EX: DL buddypass is not excepted). DL employess and immediate family can get ID 95 discount but no free travel.

Sam please investigate into when DL will be coming to RD? My brother is the technical dept. manager at casa blanca airport for the african region for delta. He is far away from atlanta so he doesn't get to hear the rumors as you all do. Please keep us informed. Remember, when DL does arrive at RD, I will invite you to my house for a weekend and treats that you will talk about for the rest of your life. If you know what I mean :)

Last edited:

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AZB..i have the same question...Delta is been operate atlsju for 50 years....even providenciales...just few Miles from POP.

when Delta startert atlsal and atlgua even atlscl..people where talking...that those flt will be empty because is very minority salvadorenos in ATL....but 85% are conx from IAH,NYC,dca areas.

Also i suggest to launch services on dl connectios out SJU to the RD and leeward islands.

I feel so sad that Delta fail to buyout Continental airlines back in 1998..because NW veto.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
ATL-SJU

The ATL-SJU route is very easy to explain..It is just cruise passenger market. Same as Orlando (who then go to Cape Canaveral). All those 767 that you see flying to SJU are mostly cruise passengers and one or another business and O&D traffic. Remember, the traffic doesn't have to be from ATL. ATL is a very big gateway that connects part of the world, and is the nearest airport for people living northern florida, georgia, south carolina, etc. Latin people are everywhere!