Quick question..

oniblast

Apr 26, 2003
Recently I bought a 1992 volkswagen cabriolet....it's in real nice shape...a german had it with everything brand new....well a few days ago some envious person decided to cut the convertible top..great now I have another window....any of you know where I could fix this??? I've been told to visit any regular "tapicero" but these guys work real bad...I won't take the risk...

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
We could probably help more if we knew where you lived!!!! No point in me refering you to someone in Puerto Plata if you live in Santo Domingo, is it??

I am surprised at your comments re Tapiceros - I have found them to be very good workers generally. Give them a small challenge, a bit of artistic license, the right incentive & they'll make you a new soft top for only a few thousand pesos. In your case I understand it is just a stitching up job??? Should get any decent tapicero to repair that for under RD $1,000 I would have thought. Find one that has been in business for over two years - if he has lasted that long, he has probably always done good work!! - Grahame.

FRANKY R

Jul 11, 2003
my friend had that happened to him as well.
he went online I believe he went to e-bay.com and he bought it used in good shape, it won't hurt to try, of course that is if the damage done to yours was mayor .
just trying to help.

frank