Aeromar, American or North American Airlines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rosa

Hi all,

It's a long time ago that i have visited this website, i saw some improvements.

I'm intend to fly to Santo Domingo (from New York)

I have checked fares but all airlines are quoted in the same level.

Who have flown this airlines to give me the best choise i was intend to fly Aeromar, my friend has flown Aeromar in First Class and he says it was a great experience, he was fall in love with the airline and he says he will book next time Aeromar so i think im going to do the same but a category lower Business or Economy class.

But my uncle says (also Aeromar in Economy class) the flight was good, we left the gate with 15 minutes delay it was a overbooked flight in low season, i was wondering how they get the flights overbooked on this time? And he departed after a full 30 minutes at the taxiway waiting for the departure, he arrived with 20 minutes delay.

He arrive next week from Santo Domingo

who can help me if i get the right choise?

Ray of Light

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 19, 2003
Well, Aeromar doesn't have Business Class. 20 minutes delay on the runway has nothing to do with airline, there are always lines of 10-20 aircrafts at the big airport to depart at the peack time.

I don't know, if you will fly Aeromar you will not be able to get mileage for your FFP. If you have AAdvantage you better fly AA. AA is more established, it is reliable and they offer more flights to Dominicana. Delays are unlike with AA. When are you flying? and where?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Rosa said:

who can help me if i get the right choise?

Fly on American Airlines. If they have problems etc., they have more than one plane.

And if you are in AAdvantage then you get miles.

Aeromar would have to be at least 25-50% lower than AA to influence me to switch from the biggest airline in the world to the smallest.

If you could shop at Barney's or Walmart for the same price would you even go in Walmart?

R

Rosa

AA

i have tried American Airlines 4 times but i will try Aeromar i checked the most posts about Aeromar and North American Airlines the most peoples on this forum says Aeromar is a dramatic airline but as my uncle and friend says they have excellent service so i will take the try and i will post my experience when i'm back.

thanks all!

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Aeromar

I purchased two tickets last week for Aeromar, the tickets arrived yesterday and the schedule already changed 7 hours. The tickets are not for me, but the people are already getting worried on Aeromar schedule and we are still in April.

Rosa

Apr 29, 2003
BQ

7 hours???

when they will change the flight schedule??

can you tell me more

M

Meng

Worried? Nah... No worries

Grs, why should people be worried about Aeromars Schedule...

Look at my new post outside this thread (AEROMAR's SUMMER SCHEDULE)

-meng

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I don't know gentlemen but I smell BS here. This Rosa character seems to be the same as someone we know that FAVORS Aeromar 100%. A person that has been called the PR for the established airline. The reason why I suspect this is because of the grammar issues with "her" posts.

It's a shame that people go on personal vendettas in this forum. It's a forum for PUBLIC speaking.

Anyway back to topic. Rosa (if you are legitimate) go ahead and try Aeromar and tell us what you think. I also know plenty of people here in the NYC area that have flown Aeromar. Some like it some don't - that's life for us. I personally will not fly them :cool:

cheers.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
It is sad when those have their privileges taken away even in a public forum. Thats tells you a lot. One of my issues with Aeromar is that i don't see competitive prices.

I mean, if I am new to the market and want to attract your business, I have to do things that will make you want to try me out. The first thing will be competitive prices. Don't talk to me about them serving food cuz I can care less about that. I don't get on a plane to eat, I take it to get somewhere. Also, don't talk to me about how they wet lease their aircraft and blah blah blah, thats not my problem either.

just have a real strategy in place and start offering better fares.

Last edited:

lynndy

Apr 14, 2003
travelling with kids? try aeromar

Just my $.02:
I have flown Aeromar about a dozen times SDQ-MIA. The reason I choose them is that they give a bigger discount for children. When I fly with my 2 kids, I save about RD$5000 on average as compared to AA. I have had some incidents with schedule changes, and I wouldn't recommend Aeromar if you have to make a connection to another city. If you're travelling with kids, though, check on the price difference. Also - I think Aeromar has started their own frequent flyer program. ?? Something like a free flight for every eight flights?? Maybe someone else can verify this and fill in the details.

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
It sounds like Rosa planned to fly BQ from the very start. Then why ask? Just fly BQ if you value your uncle's opinion over ours.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
you would think that if I cannot be without DR1, I would behave and not get banned. That way I don't have to post using aliases.

enough on this subject

Thread Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.