Santiago Airport

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I am heading to the DR next wednesday and although I live in Santo Domingo and have traveled to the DR tons of times, I have never traveled to the DR via Santiago. I got a great deal of about 280 bucks with taxes to fly into STI.

My questions are, is this airport more strict or lenient when it comes to customs? Do they have the same x ray machines now used at SDQ?

How far is the bus station? I guess, I'll just take a cab from STI to Caribe tours and hop on the next bus to SD.

On the way back are the lines less crazy than at SDQ? I check in on the first class line, so it is usually not that bad, but I'd be coming back up from SD to get there etc.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Well, the last time I traveled through Santiago it was fairly quick...a quick check at customs and I was out of there. It was hassle free. However, that was about two years ago so things could have changed a bit. Oh, by the way, how did you get such a great deal? If possible let me know. I would appreciate it!

DR_DEFENDER

S

Stephen

Dog Question

I had some friends that left from Santiago airport for the first time. (They usually leave from POP, but the flight is later). They said that they were surprised that there were dogs (police dogs I guess) that were jumping all over the passengers in the airport and almost bit a lady in a wheelchair. I have never seen any dogs at the POP airport. Is this only at Santiago??

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
A friend of mine has been furnishing his apartment with lots of nice computer and audio goodies from the USA. He purposely fly's into Santiago as they never bother him... much.

Then again, no guarantee's that they will not pull out the latex gloves for you :)

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Do I have to pay extra for that? Will he buy me dinner first?He he he he....good to know. I'll see what I can fit in my luggage! Traveling somewhat light this trip.