Club Carabela Bacaro Beach / Weather in May?

Esther_21

May 5, 2003
Hello!

Next week I'm going to visit The Dominican Republic.
I will stay for 2 weeks in Hotel Club Carabela Bavaro Beach Resort in Punta Cana.

Is there anyone who has experiences with this hotel? Would you like to share it with me???

Also I would like to read about excperiences with the weather in this period.

This is my first time that I will visit The Dominican Republic, so all the information is welcome.

I would be very thankfull!

Kind regards,
Esther.

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
Hello,
I am staying in the Carabela right now. I am quite impressed, the rooms are nice and large, everything works and the food has been very good too. I'm here for work so I haven't really been haging around during the day or night...but all the guests there seem to be very happy. If you want a specific question answered please let me know and I can find it out while I'm here.
Bye for now
Maggie

Esther_21

May 5, 2003
Dear Maggie,

Thank you for your quick and nice response ;) !

So the Club Carabela is a good and nice hotel? And also the rooms and the food are good? That's a real releave for me!
And how are the swimmingpools? And how is the beach? How is the staff? Are they friendly?

Then I also would like to know if you can tell me something about the weather in the period that I will come. because I've heard that the rain season starts in May... :confused:

Maggie, thank you very much for you help!

Bye, Esther :cool: .

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
Hi Esther,
I don't have any complaints about the hotel, except that the gym doesn't open till 8:00am and closes at 7:00pm and I can't go because of work. The pool looks really lovely...I will test it on my days off. You will be impressed with the beach a well.
The weather...well who knows....it doesn't always rain in May, this April was quite wet so maybe May will be drier. Right now it's nice weather......
Have a good time while your down..
Maggie

Esther_21

May 5, 2003
Hi Maggie,

Thank you for you quick answer!
You told me that last month you had a wet month. Can you please exlaine to me what it means? Does it mean that it rains the whole time? Or is there still plenty of sun???

Thanks again!

Bye, Esther.

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
Hi Esther
It rained for 3 or 4 days straight a couple of times in April with some sunny periods (but mostly rain). generally when it rains in the dom rep it is late afternoon and night...but the three days were really rainy. It was caused by a cold front coming down from the states. You may get a shower or two during your stay but you also might get perfect sun...who knows... There are no guarantees of constant sun, that goes for almost anywhere in the world not just the DR.
Maggie

Esther_21

May 5, 2003
Hi Maggie,

Again: thank you for your quick and clear answer.

I'm not afraid for a couple of rain showers during my holiday. But I wouldn't like it if it rains the whole 2 weeks when I'm in the D.R.

But after reading your last answer, I feel a little relieved! I know that Mother Nature has her own way. No one can predict the weather!

I'm hoping for a sunny holiday (with one ore two rain showers ;) ), but I will see it when I get there!

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!

Esther.

cheryl

May 13, 2003
Club Carabela, Bavaro

Hi Esther

I travelled to DR in May (2000) and I was there for 2 weeks and we had about 2 days of rain (about 3 showers that lasted 10 mins). I have also been there in June and the weather was the same then. I am travelling to DR this year and staying in the Club Carabela. Will you tell me your views (good or bad) of this hotel as I dont know much about it!

Hope you enjoy!

Cheryl

carabela

It is obvious that maggiemay is an employee, staying at the Carabela, biased?
A friend of mine was there in January, hated the place, said the rooms were dull, dingy and in need of a retrofit. He also said the food was terrible.
I also spoke with 4 guys from Buffalo in February when we were leaving PC, they had been there and were also disgusted with the place. Check out the reviews on Debbie Dominican Travel they are mixed.

http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/travel23.html

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
ehhhhhh Obvious that I am a hotel employee???? Actually I was in PUJ covering the holiday of our Manager in the Punta Cana Office, I work in a ground hanling office.....now I am back in POP where I am based. I travel up and down to PUJ frequently. I stay in one of the hotels while I am there...just happened to be Carabela this time.

I stick to my opinion on the Carabela...I was impressed by it
Maggie
(NOT an emloyee of the Carabella)

Esther_21

May 5, 2003
Hello!

I just returned from my holliday in the Carabela Hotel and I really had a great time!!!

The hotel was good & beautiful, the rooms were nice & clean, both swimmingpools looks very nice, the beach is fantastic, the people are friendly and the food is good.

The first week all we had was sun.
The second week it rains for 3 or 4 days (but only in the afternoon, in the morning there was plenty of sun)

All in all, I really had a great time at the Carabela!!!

Regards, Esther.

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
He's the guy who decided I worked at the Carabela.
Anyway...how were the peacocks???....
Maggie