Where to go in Santiago?

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
This is for those of you from Santiago. From experience, I know where to go to in Santo Domingo, but I have minimal knowledge of Santiago. I was just wondering what is there to do, where to go, things of that nature. I'm just thinking of what I'm gonna do when I go down to DR and I'm tired of just staying in Santo Domingo when I'm down there. I like going to El Cibao more than la Capital because it's a change of pace and the girls are beautiful and a pleasure to be around, my neighbor is a prime example of that:) well anyways she told me that Santiago has tons of things to do but only mentioned going to Jazz on la 37 and the places to go shop which doesn't interest me that much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Santiago at night

There are a lot of places the younger generation hangs out in.
Tops, behing the Nacional supermarket is a starter, Francifol on Sol street, and Tribeka is another.

There are tons more, including car washes...You gotta go and hang...

HB

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Santiago is a slow paced city, as you'll notice most biz close their doors at 12:00 noon and re-open around 2:00 pm later, they call it the Daybreak, during the day it's pretty much biz all around and those who want to have fun head to the rivers and "Car Washes" where you can have your car washed and drink a couple of Presidentes, dance if you like or just chat with the local girls there for you to have some clean fun while there. Now Santiago at night is another whole ball game, #1 top choice to goto it's the Monumento, you won't have to ask for directions since you can see it pretty much from everywhere in the city, there you can cool off in the fresh and gutsy winds, have frias while listening to some music, and find someone to chat with rather easy, later you can hit the discos, like Ambis, by far the best place to go dancing and good company, Las Vegas and many other discos that the local people go to at nights, bare in mind that most locals go dancing in the weekends, and that the dress code is the trendier the better, but honestly Santiago is not meant for tourists, and you can notice that right away, as you wont see that many around, if any at all!, first you have to get settled in and know some locals well, before you can start to enjoy the real thing, some places are for menbers only, and others are very keep-it-to-themselves, so make some connections before you go to have some fun there, the best river to dip your behind is La Ventana, near san Jose De las Matas, and you can go to the beach in less than 2 hours if the need arises, by far the best beaches are in Puerto Plata, there's a neat place called La Cotorra, just ask around and they'll tell you where, try the food!